I dated a Sociopath!

I know... that describes my (former) sociopath. Actually, he was a narcisscist with passive-agressive tendencies and ADHD.

my former too.... jekyl and hyde character... never knew who I was dealing with...

I know... that describes my (former) sociopath. Actually, he was a narcisscist with passive-agressive tendencies and ADHD.

mine was just a knuckle dragging, gambling addicted wife-beating thug....

mmm, he did the same to me...I was having an affair; I was a lesbian, he checked my phone, my emails, he controlled my life.

yup. i was in the shower once when he read my messages on my phone. We had just got back together after another fallout. one was from a male friend saying "thinking of you" because he knew i was upset over the last fallout. he went off at me for it. he even got me to tell me my friend i couldnt see him anymore. i'm so glad i got out.

He had friends that lived opposite me in halls and i think they used to wind him up too. They used to tell him they saw guys coming and going from my flat all the time which furthered his paranoia. One girl who lived withhim told him she saw me in the health centre getting the morning after pill. When in truth i was getting my thyroid medication.

Ill never understand what posesses someone to harm another, its bad enough hitting men but making a womans life a misery like that is just horrible.

I hope you all get over your hellish times with these creatures and find someone worthy and more deserving of you.

Guest Mod_Man

Whenever men have crap girlfriends they usually just put it down to bad luck and get on with it, why do women have to paint such bad pictures?

These men you speak of, have they always behaved this way? If so why get involved with them. Or have you considered it may be the way some women act that drives men to act in such a way?

Please be aware, I'm not trying to have a dig at anyone, I'm just curious.

Whenever men have crap girlfriends they usually just put it down to bad luck and get on with it, why do women have to paint such bad pictures?

These men you speak of, have they always behaved this way? If so why get involved with them. Or have you considered it may be the way some women act that drives men to act in such a way?

They suck you in. They seem nice and wonderful for the first few dates, or even first few years. then they turn nasty. they do what they can to make the woman dependent on them and then they rip their lives apart. No woman DESERVES or ASKS to be abused.

They suck you in. They seem nice and wonderful for the first few dates, or even first few years. then they turn nasty. they do what they can to make the woman dependent on them and then they rip their lives apart. No woman DESERVES or ASKS to be abused.

Thanks for that; from what I've been reading on the Bad Boy thread, I got the impression some women actively sought out such destructive relationships :suspect:

I certainly dont seek out A-holes. I avoid them now. I guess with the ex i describe above i kept going back because i wanted to help him, change him, MAKE him trust me but i never managed it. He still probably genuinely believes i was a cheating tart.

Men (and women) like this are masters of manipulation who destroy their partner's self-esteem; eventually, the partner feels unworthy of anything better. The manipulator can be very loving at times and extremely cruel at others. When the victim attempts to leave, the manipulator becomes either needy and helpless or controlling, which further plays on the victim's vulnerabilities.

Add verbal and physical abuse -- and children -- to the mix and it's no wonder some women and men feel trapped by their relationships.

how the hell bad does a fractured cheekbone, and umpteen black eyes/ beatings-up etc threats of arson, and al the rest have to be before someone is to be considered an out and out "bar steward"??

Speaking to ex girlfriends of his, after the event, and seeing the results of what he did to the little dog he got after mine (head injury, dog died) and his rape attempt on my learning disabled sister, I'd pretty much say that the evidence points to the fact that this dyed-in-the-wool git was an out and out dyed in the wool git.

It was very difficut to get rid of this B/F:- he stalked me, would not take no for an answer, even an Non-molestation non-harrassment injunction from the courts failed to prevent him from attacking me and fracturing my cheekbone.

...These men you speak of, have they always behaved this way? If so why get involved with them. Or have you considered it may be the way some women act that drives men to act in such a way? ...

When a man is out to attract someone, and his character leaves a lot to be desired, he's hardly going to project his less than desirable attributes at first; it takes time for the real personality to emerge.

If you want to be pedantic, and discuss the issue in terms of the OP's original phrasing of sociopath/psychopath, then these people can be exceptionally charming, very effectively masking their true nature. See 'Sleeping With The Enemy' for a quick Psychopathy and Relationships 101 introductory course.

You are on very dangerous footing here.Men like that, I truly think are born like it, it's not the woman's fault.Oh yes, I was once in a very abusive relationship, but you don't know that when you first meet someone, they are all sweetness and light, and then it's like a devil is unleashed.I think that if I hadn't got out when I did, I would have died or lost my mind.