Want to join the Territorial Army??

Let's wrap it up in scented paper then.

Thats not what im saying but 20something and runningfree dont need the extra stress at this point just before he goes, its hard enough for them, and a little support would help, rather than thinking the worst. they already know these things happen they dont need anyone pointing it out to them

My dad was in the reme for 10 years and then the TA for 10. He loved the TA and always talks highly of his times and nights out! The TA is another family to us, anyone that is interested go along to your local centre and have a chat everyone will always be helpful and friendly!

Anyone that joins the forces whether full/part time deserve alot more praise then they get. I also understand the worry of the loved ones left behind, please consider this before making any posts!

Each to their own, but it will be a cold day in hell before I take the Queens Shilling.

To quote the great George Orwell: "Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Although in this case I'm not sure about the "Good" bit. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I've been in the T.A for 4 years now and have enjoyed it very much. At the moment I am with a unit based with the Royal Anglians but am looking to transfer to a Sheffield unit.

My advice to anyone interested is to go along on a Tuesday night and have a chat.

surely they all understand the risks though ...

Yes they do know, and its something they have talked about between themself, in case of the worst case senario, they dont need other people putting pressure on them right now and pointing out the obvious, its called sensitivity to other peoples feelings

• 7 months later...

Royal Signals are at Manor Top

Medical Corps past Royal Hallamshire out of town

Bailey Barracks at Greenhill is for Comprehensive school teachers riot control

Fitzwilliam Rd, Rotherham is REME, I think.

The Bks in town next to Sheffield Uni is for officer training / uni cadets etc.

Edited by kipper