Greatest threat to world peace

Whos the greatest threat to world peace?  

156 members have voted

1. 1. Whos the greatest threat to world peace?

• Al Queda
    • Isreal
    • North Korea
    • USA
    • Palestinian Terror Groups
    • Iran
    • China
    • Syria
    • France

As wikipedia is contributor based, it is (often) wrong/half correct. Hardly something to base an argument on:rolleyes:

Good Lord! This thread is like fly paper for the hard of thinking:hihi:

Go back and re-read what I posted. I never claimed that my argument was based on wikipedia, I actually said at the time that within 20 seconds I'd found a relatively in depth argument backing up what I had already posted - and STILL one more piece of evidence than my opposite number has managed.

Now, that is positevely the last thing im posting on this thread....honest...I wont be drawn back in, regardless of the stupidity of other posters...no sir-ee..

Good Lord!

Which one:D.

Go back and re-read what I posted.

I've read the entire thread, and have found it to be most entertaining:D:P

I wont be drawn back in

Are you sure?;)

It’s like the kid playing with matches in the back room. If you don’t go in there and take them away, you know he’ll eventually burn the whole house down.

And where are we headed with a nuclear Iran? Just have a look at Pakistan.

A supposedly US-friendly leader cuts a deal with Islamic terrorists to stay out of his hair and keep to themselves in the northern part of his country, rather than having the US take them out ........

War isn’t like divvying up the contents of a condo upon divorce so everyone walks away feeling good. It means people have to die.

.........And sometimes even be forced to bob for apples with the CIA. Sorry, but that’s the way it has always worked. In the words of the A-bomb pilot: “I have been convinced that we saved more lives than we took.”

====================================================================

======================================

The piece above, kindly supplied by Firecracker and written by a Ms Marsden is well worth a read - thought provoking stuff.

I'm aware that I might come across as anti American (to say the least) but my stance is the result, not of personal angst, or mindless prejudice but of a rational examination of the history of that nation.

I'm no authority on American politics and my knowledge is no greater and more likely, a lot less, than most peoples who stay abreast of world affairs.

Americas late entry into the world wars enrages me, when, had they stood shoulder to shoulder with the allied democracies from the very beginning, war may well have been avoided altogether, or at the very least concluded much sooner.

Their overt consumerism in the post war years, when the greater part of the rest of the world was literally struggling for survival, is equally atrocious.

From then on it was all downhill - (except for the yanks), until the Kennedys.

Then, for a fleeting moment a freshness came to the stinking halls of congress where corruption and 'Old Boys' politics had reigned for years.

Americas future was cast when the Kennedys were murdered.

J. Edgar. Hoover, the head of the F.B.I and friend to the C.I.A. - was the incarnation of beligerent nationalism and possibly one of the most directly and indirectly influential men in the world at the time.

The McCarthy witch hunts (an appalling abuse of the most basic of human rights) set precedents in the use of subversive governmental elements to control and villify ANYONE who even smelled vaguely left wing.

The Kennedys had plenty of faults, however their intelligence and humanist tendencies could have altered the future of humanity and indeed the planet, for the better.

American politics is based on some seriously dodgy principles.

Forget the Constitution - there's nothing 'self evident' about what REALLY goes on in political circles over there; but the truth has a nasty habit of forcing its way thruogh the bull**** when the reaction of the government to events like the floods in New Orleans and the recent fires in California, are compared.

(They didn't hang about sorting out alternative accomodation, food, medical aid etc, for the rich Californians did they)? And please don't tell me that the quicker reaction was the result of, 'lessons learned' from New Orleans.

The thing that REALLY irks me is that it all could have been so different. Had America taken a sensible, humanistic role as a viable leader in world affairs all those years ago, the futures of our children and of our descendants - of the planet itself, - could have been assured for millenia to come.

Their shocking domestic policies are positively philanthropic when set against their international affairs and ambitions.

America is the greatest threat to world peace the world has ever known.

Americas late entry into the world wars enrages me, when, had they stood shoulder to shoulder with the allied democracies from the very beginning, war may well have been avoided altogether, or at the very least concluded much sooner.
Why should they originally have become involved in a European conflict? When they did get involved, they bailed out the rest of the world and we all owe them a huge debt of thanks for the fact that we weren’t over-run . Of course, a misguided left-winger can’t see things quite so clearly, can he?

The McCarthy witch hunts (an appalling abuse of the most basic of human rights) set precedents in the use of subversive governmental elements to control and villify ANYONE who even smelled vaguely left wing.
Nothing wrong with that – thinning out left wing activists who have no place in Western society, and sod their so-called human rights. Let them take their cry for human rights to a communists state and see how far it gets them there.

(They didn't hang about sorting out alternative accomodation, food, medical aid etc, for the rich Californians did they)? And please don't tell me that the quicker reaction was the result of, 'lessons learned' from New Orleans.
Of course it was – that’s exactly how they learned and why they would have been far more prepared to fall back on updated emergency relief plans, based on lessons learned. That’s how it works.

Their shocking domestic policies are positively philanthropic when set against their international affairs and ambitions.
Which policies are they?

America is the greatest threat to world peace the world has ever known.
Just how is America a threat to the UK? Are they likely to pout up the price of iPods, or is there something even more demonic heading our way? Please enlighten me!

Iraq and the Middle East in general wouldn't be a problem if the Yanks didn't keep antagonising them, and the likes of the Daily Mail didn't keep bashing them in the media.

Iraq and the Middle East in general wouldn't be a problem if the Yanks didn't keep antagonising them, and the likes of the Daily Mail didn't keep bashing them in the media.

Do their governments take great note of the contents of our tabloids?

If the media didn’t report it would that make it better, I have a big bucket of sand if you would like to stick you head in it.

Overpopulation. dimishing natural resources, food shortages, territorial disputes and the resurgence of religion hijacked by a raving bunch of lunatics.

One or all of the above.

It's not a case of "Whose" but of "Whats"

Duh!

Why isn't Russia in the poll? Their bullying and expansionist aims are far scarier than most of those countries, just look at the recent news. They think they own the balkans.

Also, The US? don't make me laugh. you're all idiots.

If the USA is the greatest threat to world peace, why is it everyones favorite shopping mall,not to mention mail-order ect ? you wouldn't catch me visiting a country that was a threat to world peace or buying their products.:loopy:

.... and then took over the running (sorry, no - exploiting) of it.... ;):P

Must remember to put loads of scenes at the end of the film where the eternally-grateful natives, rescued from the unbearable yoke of British tyranny, throw roses and blow kisses to welcome the brave American servicemen.... :gag:

StarSparkle

Ah but the Americans saved themselves from a tyranical British monarchy headed by a half demented Hanovarian who believed in "taxation without representation" and had the lovable habit of hanging anyone in the American colonies who opposed him.

Sounds like a good idea for a Hollywood film I'd say::P