Fargate Market Yes or No

Same old multinational shops are better than **** market stalls.

how exactly? because you like blandness and every town to look the same?

It's great having the choice of about 6 mobile phone shops and clothes shops like H&M (hmmm clothing of much poorer quality than most market stalls, except with Madonna or some other celebs mug all over the shop windows).

Not all markets sell rubbish, they sell things people need, just like Wilkinsons dofor example, or are Wilkinsons the acceptable corporate version of a market that the general public wants nowadays?

It's great having the choice of about 6 mobile phone shops

if you want to buy a mobile phone, if you don't there is very little on Fargate for you.

Have you actually seen what the market stalls on the Moor sell? You won't see any quality clothing. I'm not knocking all market stall I just don't see why we need ones on the Moor or Fargate when there is going to be a purpose built indoor market.

Have you actually seen what the market stalls on the Moor sell? You won't see any quality clothing. I'm not knocking all market stall I just don't see why we need ones on the Moor or Fargate when there is going to be a purpose built indoor market.

Yes i have, and yes most of it looks rubbish, but that's not the point. Most goods in high street shops are poor quality nowadays, except they are dressed up in a well lit store.

Just because there is going to be a new indoor market i don't see why market traders shouldnt have the opportunity to trade from a decent pitch with high pedestrian flow. There have been street markets for centuries, why should only the big stores get the prime spots? The little man trying to earn a living for himself gets shoved in a corner down the quiet ends of town.

Just because there is going to be a new indoor market i don't see why market traders shouldnt have the opportunity to trade from a decent pitch with high pedestrian flow.

If Fargate is crammed with market stalls there isn't going to be any 'flow'. Even Meadowhell will seem spacious by comparison.

If Fargate is crammed with market stalls there isn't going to be any 'flow'. Even Meadowhell will seem spacious by comparison.

I suggested there should be a few stalls, not "crammed". The market stalls currently down the Moor are never fully let anyway, so it would in no way be crammed like it is when the continental market comes.