Clocks back? Or forward please help.

Does this mean we are now two hours behind france instead of one.?

The forum clock usually takes a while to settle down. It used to occupy pages of discussion at one time :)

god am stupid me lol are the clocks goin back one hour im sure they are but hubby says no they go forward am doubting myself now ?? please help cus am guna bed now n dont want to get to work at wrong time many thanks xxxxx

Wow level of stupidity form some forummers never fails ot amaze me on here ... do you want one hour extra daylight in winter morning or do you want to lose one hour ?

Comes down to ... do you want one hour extra daylight in winter morning or do you want to lose one hour cos most of us hate dark winter days and would sleep in ?

I cant believe tho that some people have difficulty with this simple time concept ie do they go forward or backward ... he he he

Does this mean we are now two hours behind france instead of one.?

No. France change their clocks too so we are still only one hour behind.

And other countries too? Are we two behind Germany or three now?

And other countries too? Are we two behind Germany or three now?

It's all the same as before. Other countries change theirs so it stays the same.

For example:

Summer: England (British Summer Time +1), Germany (Central European Summer Time +2)

Winter: England (Greenwich Mean Time +0), Germany (Central European Time +1)

It's all the same as before. Other countries change theirs so it stays the same.

For example:

Summer: England (British Summer Time +1), Germany (Central European Summer Time +2)

Winter: England (Greenwich Mean Time +0), Germany (Central European Time +1)

True as regards Europe (certainly all the EU countries, and so far as I know all the others as well); not necessarily true when it comes to countries further afield. The USA, for example (or most of it, at least) does not move their clocks back until next Sunday, November 4th. For a week in between times, we're only four hours ahead of NYC instead of five.

Spring Forward, Fall Back.

Last sunday in March, Last sunday in October.

Couldn't you also spring back and fall forward?!

You could, but you don't.

Similarly, remembering that the clocks always move towards summer could easily be mis-remembered as always move towards winter, if you're the sort of person who can't just remember the damn rules anyway and needs stupid mnemonics to try and help you out.