Sheffield Forum: The Future

Sheffield Forum has, to a very significant extent, been overtaken by new social media technologies, particularly by Facebook and Twitter. There will always be a place for the Forum, but its heyday is long since past. Its heyday was probably between the years of 2003 and 2011, before many of the best posters disappeared, to resurface on Facebook.

Sheffield Forum has, to a very significant extent, been overtaken by new social media technologies, particularly by Facebook and Twitter. There will always be a place for the Forum, but its heyday is long since past. Its heyday was probably between the years of 2003 and 2011, before many of the best posters disappeared, to resurface on Facebook.

Facebook is too filtered. My friends are people I like. I get to "discuss" topics with people I don't agree with on here. Its a much more realistic view of the world.

Talking from experience, especially as a poster from the early years of this forum, I believe most people were drawn away by facebook. I know I was. Most of the online friendships I made here on the forum continued via facebook and the more that developed the less I came on here.

Facebook is too filtered. My friends are people I like. I get to "discuss" topics with people I don't agree with on here. Its a much more realistic view of the world.

trouble is its way too prissy and any good discussions are history when it gets heated, takes a lot of the fun away:roll: