PS3 or Xbox 360?

Ghosthunter

Sony are in mass panic right now, have lost all their major exclusives with the exception of Final Fantasy and MGS4, and seem content to rip off customers by admitting the Six-Axis controller was a mistake and now forcing people to buy Dual Shock 3 controllers at £30 a pop. Add on the fact that Sony's once killer game, GTA, will now only have exclusive downloadable content on the 360 and it's game over Sony.

I also don't know why anyone says 'the PS3 is better spec and has better graphics'. It doesn't. It has a better CPU, but the GPU on the 360 is better and easier to program for - hence all the side by side comparisons experts have done have concluded the 360 is edging the PS3 in the graphics department.

http://uk.gamespot.com/features/6162742/index.html?tag=result;title;4

If Blu-Ray wins the HD battle then I will get a PS3 as it's a good player which can also play games - but to me the games are most important. There are no games on the PS3 I want until possibly MGS4 comes and out that could still be months away. Sony's 'X-Box 360 beating' game Lair was ridiculed by all the gaming press as the biggest turkey since Bernard Matthews bred a mutant. And yes I have played it, and yes it's very pretty but the gameplay is enough to drive you batty.

Let's compare shall we games that have scored 9 out of 10 or above on Gamespot:

PS3

Oblivion 9.5 (also on 360)

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 9 (exclusive)

Rainbow Six Vegas (also on 360)

X-BOX 360

Gears Of War 9.6 (exclusive)

Oblivion 9.6 (also on PS3)

Half Life Orange Box 9.5 (exclusive)

Halo 3 9.5 (exclusive)

Forza Motorsport 2 9.2 (exclusive)

Ghost Recon 9.2 (exclusive)

Rainbow Six Vegas 9.1 (also on PS3)

Puzzle Quest 9 (exclusive)

Bio Shock 9 (exclusive)

Perfect Dark Zero 9 (exclusive)

If you only buy a 360 for Halo, Bio Shock and Gears of War then it's more than enough to keep any gamer in bliss for years.

X-BOX 360

Gears Of War 9.6 (exclusive)

Oblivion 9.6 (also on PS3)

Half Life Orange Box 9.5 (exclusive)

Halo 3 9.5 (exclusive)

Forza Motorsport 2 9.2 (exclusive)

Ghost Recon 9.2 (exclusive)

Rainbow Six Vegas 9.1 (also on PS3)

Puzzle Quest 9 (exclusive)

Bio Shock 9 (exclusive)

Perfect Dark Zero 9 (exclusive)

If you only buy a 360 for Halo, Bio Shock and Gears of War then it's more than enough to keep any gamer in bliss for years.

How can you compare games like that when one console has been out so much longer? The comparison you ahve made would only work if both consoles came out at the same time!

Ok. Do this......................

Compare the first 7 months (from the date of each console launch) of games out for each console (which is the length of time PS3 has been out) (approx). Then and only then is comparing games a true comparison!

But why should someone have to wait another year until the PS3 has a good enough games line up? OK you're not comparing like for like in terms of how long the consoles have been out but he's buying one NEXT WEEK. To play games on NOW. I notice as well you ignored all the earlier points about why Sony are on shaky ground in your repost of my points?

But why should someone have to wait another year until the PS3 has a good enough games line up? OK you're not comparing like for like in terms of how long the consoles have been out but he's buying one NEXT WEEK. To play games on NOW. I notice as well you ignored all the earlier points about why Sony are on shaky ground in your repost of my points?

Sorry I missed the first bit off your quote! :rolleyes:

Sony being 'shakey' on the ground is an opinion, not fact.

Sorry I missed the first bit off your quote! :rolleyes:

Sony being 'shakey' on the ground is an opinion, not fact.

Yes it's an opinion - based on a hell of a lot of facts.

The point being TB that I have stated I will buy a PS3 when the time is right, and that time is not now. You seem blind to the plus points of the 360, and are missing out by not having one.

Yes it's an opinion - based on a hell of a lot of facts.

The point being TB that I have stated I will buy a PS3 when the time is right, and that time is not now. You seem blind to the plus points of the 360, and are missing out by not having one.

Im not missing out. I had one and sold it. I dont regret it one bit :)

If I had enough money for one console right now - I would get the 360 without hesitating. It has a wealth of games and the Xbox Live service is well executed.

However, there are numerous reports within the games industry showing PS3 as the long-term leader of the 'next-gen' console war. I'm not sure of that myself, but while it's easy to see that Sony have made some serious errors so far, it's way too early to write them off. Give it a couple of years.

I'm lucky enough to have a 360, a Wii and a PS3. I play the most amount of games on the 360, I watch normal DVD movies (excellent up-scaling) and Blu-Ray on PS3 (although I do play games on it; I just finished Heavenly Sword - pretty good) and the Wii might get turned on if we have friends 'round to play Wii sports or something. I've not been a Nintendo fan since SNES.

Well you're obviously a brand lover over a lover of good games. I think that is a good place to leave it, I'm off for some Halo 3.

No im not a brand lover. And I would also like to point out that what you think are 'good games' doesnt mean that everyone else likes the same ones does it! :roll: