Praise a Bus Driver

Originally posted by ianmitchell

Maybe there's been a bus driver revolution.

or they have merged with the yorkshire terrier firm

Originally posted by kirky

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr nope sorrry can't think of one:|

Come on Kirky you can do better than that

Guest unners
Originally posted by kirky

they should get a better paid job then..no one makes em do it.....

I might become a window cleaner, Or a surgeon then i might be able to remove that chip of your shoulder mate.

I'd like to Praise ALL the First Sheffield Bus Drivers for going on Strike back in July/August.

The roads were a much nicer and safer place to be :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler

I'd like to Praise ALL the First Sheffield Bus Drivers for going on Strike back in July/August.

The roads were a much nicer and safer place to be :thumbsup:

The roads weren't as crowded as I thought they would be also :P

Would be worse if trams were off the road also I guess.

okay, the driver whose bus I travelled into work on, this morning was really nice, very friendly, very helpful, his was a really nice attitude.

He got the wheelchair ramp out for me, no messing, his attitude was that "nothing was too much trouble".

He got me onto the bus, and settled into the wheelchair space, brought me my ticket and my change.

he was brilliant.

it was a really nice experience and I phoned First-Mainline to tell them so.

PT

Originally posted by Plain Talker

okay, the driver whose bus I travelled into work on, this morning was really nice, very friendly, very helpful, his was a really nice attitude.

He got the wheelchair ramp out for me, no messing, his attitude was that "nothing was too much trouble".

He got me onto the bus, and settled into the wheelchair space, brought me my ticket and my change.

he was brilliant.

it was a really nice experience and I phoned First-Mainline to tell them so.

PT

He sounds like a grand chap, must be in a minority on first mainline though.

PT, if you travel to work on the bus are the drivers normally quite co-operative?

Originally posted by ianmitchell

He sounds like a grand chap, must be in a minority on first mainline though.

PT, if you travel to work on the bus are the drivers normally quite co-operative?

There are a smaller (and, thank god, shrinking) minority of bus drivers who can be surly and unhelpful, but now that (according to first at their Olive Grove garage) all their drivers are trained, in operating the ramp, "theoretically", people with mobility problems, like myself, should have less difficulty accessing the wheelchair friendly buses which are on certain routes around Sheffield.

there are the odd ones, who make a fuss about having to get out of their cab, and deploy the ramp.

The thing is, they tangle with the wrong one when they tangle with me, because if they will not deploy the ramp:-

I take the fleet number of the bus, and let the bus depot know what has happened. (I provide them with the fleet #, the time and location, and the route number, and First can then investigate, and chase it up)

A bus driver refused to deploy the ramp for me, a week or two ago. I was on my way into work, and had just dropped my granddaughter in at her nursery. the weather was foul.

It was about 8-50 am, and it was absolutely SLINGING it down with rain, and the driver pulled up at my stop, and refused to do the ramp.

he claimed he was not trained...

so I said to him,

"you must be ramp trained, *all* the first drivers at olive grove are trained, now!"

he said, again that he wasn't traianed.

i said "you mean to tell me, that you are going to leave me here, stranded, in the pouring rain, when I have got work to get to?"

he just shut the doors, and drove off. I was fuming. I had to wait, getting drenched, at the bus stop, for the next bus. it was horrible.

I believe the driver was "carpeted" for doing this...

PT

Slightly off topic but I just overheard a Yorkshire Terrier bus driver saying that Terrier have sacked a lot of drivers which is why they are having trouble keeping to time.

I thought this strange as the shortage of bus drivers is common to all companies. Does anyone know (perhaps if there are YT drivers on this forum) why they were sacked at a time when there is such a shortage?

erm... errrr.... hmmmm lemme see....

NOPE!