Lost cat (B&W) S5 (Shiregreen) *very sad outcome*

Heybunny

Hello, I hope I'm posting this correctly.

My cat went missing on Weds (13/10/10). He is very much an outdoor cat and mostly likes to come in for a nap and food, but he is most certainly our cat. We adopted him from our neighbour when he sadly died two years ago.

Anyway, we haven't seen him since then and I was hoping someone may have seen him or are able to look out for him in the S5 area (Specifically around Ronskley Road, Wheatfield Crescent, Sicey Lane/Avenue, etc).

A quick description:

Mostly black with white lower face (with slash of white going up the nose), possible slight injury to the nose itself (he seems to keep coming in from outside with this), white front paws, white back legs, white underside/belly.

Green/yellow eyes, small nick out of right ear (from the cat's perspective), white whiskers (with some missing from the group above the left eye (again from the cat's perspective)). Fur on thigh/hip area is "spiky" and he was due to see a vet about this.

He is not chipped, but is neutered and he was last seen wearing a turquoise/blue velour collar. No tag unfortunately.

Answers to the name "Dog" (adopted from our neighbour who called him this)

http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/4574530 (Photos here, I hope that works)

Hi there

just a tip if you let all the vets in your area know they all have a lost+found list they will be looking out for him amongst any strays which may be brought in ok

all the best x

Thanks for that, I'll ring around in a few hours when they open. I don't suppose anybody could have seen him have they? He's now on the RSPCA Sheffield Lost pets section of their website and I posted on Facebook also, but I haven't heard a thing yet. ; ;

Just wondering if you have found your cat yet? I saw one very like the pics on Gregg house crescent today, not sure why I took so much notice but I remembered the purple collar from his pictures, the cat was very shy and I didn't get close to him at all as he ran into a garden, but if there is a chance he might be yours I will pm you with the precise place that I saw him.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for all the responses everyone. He has been found, yes, though not quite in the way I would have hoped.

He was found by the RSPCA in quite a bad way and was not at all like this when we last saw him. Unfortunately it appears to have been in his best interests to have him put to sleep. He seemed to have just wasted away while he was gone. I really wish I could have said goodbye to him too. :(

I can't understand it really, he had a home to come to for food if it was required, and he showed no noticable signs of anything being wrong while he was still with us at our house. I'm guessing he did the ol' cat thing and left to die somewhere in solitude...It's very sad that he showed no symptoms to us and that he left. If he hadn't he might have been treated in time. Cats are so stubborn in their own way sometimes! ;_;

He was originally a stray cat and was very much an outdoor kitty so at least for the most part he was where he loved, I guess. Also thanks very much to Peak Vets for fussing over him and giving him some care in his last hours.

Once again, thank you all for your responses everyone, I really appreciate it, especially Nicole1988 for her PM about Dog's whereabouts. We most likely never would have known what happened to him otherwise. :)