Would you boycott petrol stations?

Would you boycott a petrol station?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Would you boycott a petrol station?

• Yes I would boycott a petrol station
    • No I would not boycott a petrol station

As the title says would you boycott petrol stations, I am fed up of being ripped off with prices in Sheffield. Barnsley unleaded is 110.9, cheapest I can find in Sheffield is Sainsburys Meadowhall 112.9 and at Morrisons Catcliffe it was 113.9 today. Do people think if we started to boycott certain stations they might give us petrol the same price as other areas?

Rather than boycott particular stations why not spread the word about cheap petrol (if there is such a thing). There are websites which send you a weekly update telling you where the cheapest petrol is to your postcode. There are a million members on this forum so if word was spread it could have a pretty devastating effect. However I think it is not the purpose of the forum to advertise things like this. Stand to be corrected though

I know there is, I use petrol prices.com to see the cheapest rate. We are just being ripped off in Sheffield, if you use 40 litres a week that can be between £1.20 and £1.60 a week more than someone in Barnsley thats over £62 a year. That money is better in our pockets rather than the petrol stations.

As the title says would you boycott petrol stations, I am fed up of being ripped off with prices in Sheffield. Barnsley unleaded is 110.9, cheapest I can find in Sheffield is Sainsburys Meadowhall 112.9 and at Morrisons Catcliffe it was 113.9 today. Do people think if we started to boycott certain stations they might give us petrol the same price as other areas?

I think these prices have been the best since labour haven't been in charge. Always sempt to be going up and up.

I think these prices have been the best since labour haven't been in charge. Always sempt to be going up and up.

Yes but why should we in Sheffield pay 3p a litre more than other towns? Don't forget it is going up approx 3p a litre after xmas when vat rises, thats before the companies put more on to cover their fuel costs to deliver it.

No, I don't, and I think it's a dismally dull and stupid idea. If you really object to fuel prices, change the way you live.

Edited by Halibut

Many petrol stations are franchises, even the branded ones, that make little if any profit from their petrol and diesel sales. The business model for them is to make money on the impulse purchases that people buy when filling up, because of this petrol stations are going out of business in high numbers leading to the smallest amount of petrol stations since the beginning of the 20th century.

No, I don't, and I think it's a dismally dull and stupid idea. f you really object to fuel prices, change the way you live.

Well thankyou for that comment perhaps you would like to elaborate on why it is a stupid idea. :rolleyes:Perhaps you have that much money you don't mind paying over the odds, as for changing my lifestyle I drive an economical car and drive over 320 miles a week commuting to work.