"Baby-faced killers could be free in seven months"

we need to change the whole system fromthe ground up. just look at the differenc ein the sentancing between USA and ourselves. it makes me embarrased to think of the lenient sentances.

it makes me feel for the family of the victim

2 years for killing someone, a young lad I know committed some knife point robberies at their age and has aready served over 2 years of his sentence. If they can lock him up for longer for robbery why not murderers/manslaughterers.

Here is one for the books....

A little story that i heard, involving the then Home Secretary David Blunkett...

When first introduced, the fine for throwing a firework into a highway was £40.00

That was until someone frightened David's dog with a firework....And guess what ....

As if by magic and overnight...the fine was changed to £80.00

That is the British Judicial System...

I think if you launch an attack of that kind then it should be murder - how can you repeatedly kick and stamp on their head then claim not to have intentionally killed them?

I know if it was my relative that this had happened to I would feel a great sense of injustice and bitterness right now. Can the family launch a counter-appeal or civil prosecution?

what a horrible and unfair world we live in, my thoughts go the family

I thought that in this country "murder" had to be pre-meditated. So, the defence are claiming it was "spur of the moment", hence not pre-meditated. So, basically, if you decide to kill someone on the "spur of the moment", our law doesn't class you as a murderer? Is that correct?

Whatever the law dictates, there's no wonder some kids think that it's ok to go around stabbing/beating people to death, when so little value is place on life by our farcical judicial system.

I thought that in this country "murder" had to be pre-meditated. So, the defence are claiming it was "spur of the moment", hence not pre-meditated. So, basically, if you decide to kill someone on the "spur of the moment", our law doesn't class you as a murderer? Is that correct?

Whatever the law dictates, there's no wonder some kids think that it's ok to go around stabbing/beating people to death, when so little value is place on life by our farcical judicial system.

Technically, yes, because it depends on 'intent'.

For example, if someone wound me up on Thursday, and I punched them once through anger, and they got a black eye, I could be charged with assault, possibly ABH.

If someone else did the same, and I punched them once, but they died, it probably wouldn't be murder, but I could be charged with manslaughter, because I didn't intend to kill him.

They will come out acting like little hard-men and start terrorising their nieghbours, when the police go to question them (thats if anyone has the guts to report them) they will scream harrasment. All that judge has done is give the rest of the scrots out there a licence to do whatever they want with no fear of prison.

Wonder if they will do it again, and will that judge be held responsilble if they do. My guess is yes they will, but no he won't.

Technically, yes, because it depends on 'intent'.

For example, if someone wound me up on Thursday, and I punched them once through anger, and they got a black eye, I could be charged with assault, possibly ABH.

If someone else did the same, and I punched them once, but they died, it probably wouldn't be murder, but I could be charged with manslaughter, because I didn't intend to kill him.

Thanks for clarification.

You'd have to be VERY thick though (and arguably too dangerously so to be able to be welcome in society) to think that the actions of these lads wouldn't probably result in death.

You can bet your house on it that these kids will get what's coming to them as the saying goes what goes around comes around to people who commit mindless acts of violence on vulnerable people like they have.

I hope they get there heads kicked around like a football and get smashed up by someone that's the least these scumbags deserve.:rant:

this may sound nasty but i hope they get killed when they come out... life for a life.

this law we live by is awful... what a pathetic country we are. soft touch.