Jack straws father has a criminal record?

Is it true that Jack Straws father was put in prison for refusing to fight the nazis in WW2?

Is it true that Jack Straws father was put in prison for refusing to fight the nazis in WW2?

Why do you care?

What effect does it have on your day to day life?

His son made up for it by supporting a couple of pointless illegal wars.

Move along, nothing of interest here...

Why do you care?

What effect does it have on your day to day life?

It is merely a question. Why should I not be curious about the background of our senior politicians? Is it true?

He chose not to fight and paid for it by serving a prison sentence. Completely and utterly irrelevant now.

He chose not to fight and paid for it by serving a prison sentence. Completely and utterly irrelevant now.

But surely peoples family background mould their personalities? Influence them?

It is merely a question. Why should I not be curious about the background of our senior politicians? Is it true?

Because what his dad did has got nothing to do with him.

You can't judge someone by a parents actions.

Donald Pleasance was a cochie, then became air crew and was shot down in a Lancaster.

Because what his dad did has got nothing to do with him.

You can't judge someone by a parents actions.

So you think that the background and family experiences of a child does nothing to mould them?

But surely peoples family background mould their personalities? Influence them?

You mean courage of his convictions. If my parents firmly believed in something then that is one trait I would hope to be passed on to me.

Yes, parental upbringing does shape a child, but I don't know where you are coming from with this. I mean, you are saying cos his dad went to prison, for something that is not deemed a crime in this day and age, that Jack Straw might be tempted to a spot of criminality.

So you think that the background and family experiences of a child does nothing to mould them?

It does mould them, but just the fact that he was a conscientious objector wouldn't have impacted on little Straw until later life.

He went into Politics where they decide when to go to War.

It does mould them, but just the fact that he was a conscientious objector wouldn't have impacted on little Straw until later life.

He went into Politics where they decide when to go to War.[/QUOTE]

Do you think that he did that because it is safer? Just send other peoples children to be killed?