DVLA Visual Field Tests

True safety is important but i drive a 7 seater car with a lot of care and responsibility.

Nstar, I can imagine how distressing this is, especially with your good driving record.

For the sight test, give Bird Opticians a call. I don't know if they do exactly the test you need, but they are well trained and helpful, and they do field tests with kit that looks exactly like the machine they have at SpecSavers. http://www.jcbird.co.uk/contactus.html

For advice on dealing with DVLA, try calling the Royal National Institute for the Blind. They advocate for people with vision loss and are likely to have more experience in this area. I know you're not blind, but it's worth a try.

Will you let us know how you get on?

Nstar, I can imagine how distressing this is, especially with your good driving record.

For the sight test, give Bird Opticians a call. I don't know if they do exactly the test you need, but they are well trained and helpful, and they do field tests with kit that looks exactly like the machine they have at SpecSavers. http://www.jcbird.co.uk/contactus.html

For advice on dealing with DVLA, try calling the Royal National Institute for the Blind. They advocate for people with vision loss and are likely to have more experience in this area. I know you're not blind, but it's worth a try.

Will you let us know how you get on?

Another vote for Bird opticians on Surrey street. They do a quality test which takes a while, more like 20-30 minutes. They're not the cheapest but the quality and service they deliver is second to none. I think I've been a customer for over 15 years now. I've not got ophthalmic qualifications but did have a part time job in an old school opticians when I was doing my a levels. He always used to take his time and recheck. Birds are similar.

Thanks for the advice on Birds Opticians - I will give them a ring.

I spoke to DVLA - They said because im paying for my own re-test - i can do it with any opticians providing it is the required DVLA Visual Test (aka - Binocular Esterman Visual Field Test for Group 1 Car Licence, Single Instensity)

Normal Eye tests is - Monecular which basically tests right eye, then left eye separately.

Binocular means testing both eyes together even if you wear glasses.