Mark 'Mozaz' Wallis - 1/08/65 - 23/01/11

Only just seen this. I knew Mark in the 80's - we were always bumping into each other at various demos. Haven't read the whole thread yet - will do that when I get back from work. He was truly a remarkable character. Not heard of him for years.

Condolensces to all who were close to him.

Wanted to say a MASSIVE thank-you to FairyNormal for organising the funeral and wake. It was perfect, a very fitting tribute to the man. And I have never before been to a funeral where women flashed their tits at the coffin, though I believe this could start a trend.

Wanted to say a MASSIVE thank-you to FairyNormal for organising the funeral and wake. It was perfect, a very fitting tribute to the man. And I have never before been to a funeral where women flashed their tits at the coffin, though I believe this could start a trend.

?????? Tell us more :)

:hihi: :hihi:

I'm very sad to have missed Mozaz' send off but was unable to find cover for my sickly child (how amused he'd have been at that) so I'd like to share one quality memory.

One summer evening walking across Devonshire Green I saw Mozaz and Andy sat on the bank at the top end as I turned to wave to them I stumbled "stop being so middle class and look where you're going" Mozaz yelled quick as a flash.

Biting political comment rolled into an insult and all true.

I'm going to miss our occasional serendipitous meetings.

I dug out an old radio show I recorded, featuring an extended interview with Mozaz. Having just re-listened to it, I think it gives a really good idea of how passionate and involved he was in his various causes and how, despite often being a contrary and annoying bugger, he made the kind of contribution to our "big society" which we should all aspire to:

http://soundcloud.com/dansumption/empty-space-radio-show-4th

?????? Tell us more :)

Guilty as charged!! T'was me and Emily who flashed at him. We made him a promise in the hospital that we'd do it as he was always asking us for a flash! I still can't believe we actually did it and that people clapped and cheered us!!

I think I sahll be known forever more as the coffin flasher!

Guilty as charged!! T'was me and Emily who flashed at him. We made him a promise in the hospital that we'd do it as he was always asking us for a flash! I still can't believe we actually did it and that people clapped and cheered us!!

I think I sahll be known forever more as the coffin flasher!

Well you did say about their being some surprises. I am still laughing. Bless him.

Did you manage to secure his final resting place to scatter the ashes?