Wards beer

Mo

Has anybody tried the bottled version of Wards beer which is out today.

Anybody newish to the city probably won't have a clue what Wards tastes like. It was brewed in the Sheffield up until about 3 years ago before that dratted NE brewery decided to close the brewery up.

It had a very fruity taste and was the most perfect laxative on the market.

I think that like many bottled versions of draught beers it may be a disappointment.

:(

Today!??!!:o

Thats weird, I bought some in Morrissons 3 week ago to take to a relative in Basingstoke who left Sheffield in 1956!!!:o :o

Anyone got any old cans of Wards stashed away in their shed, just in case armaggeddon arrives????

.......or maybe a stray barrel?????

Originally posted by pontious

Today!??!!:o

Thats weird, I bought some in Morrissons 3 week ago to take to a relative in Basingstoke who left Sheffield in 1956!!!:o :o

Anyone got any old cans of Wards stashed away in their shed, just in case armaggeddon arrives????

.......or maybe a stray barrel?????

Well I heard it on the local radio station yesterday.

You aren't mixing it up with Waggledance are you, which was also brewed at one time on the old Wards site. I know that Morrisons have stocked that for some time but alas not a patch on the draught version :(

Originally posted by DaBouncer

I have an ORIGINAL can of Wards Best Bitter.

Out of date but been in the fridge for years.

Unopened and not pierced.

Wonder if I should Ebay it?

DB what are you doing keeping an old can of beer in your fridge? It must be 3 years out of date :roll:

Originally posted by Mo

You aren't mixing it up with Waggledance are you, [/b]

Nope, I know me Wards when I see see it, I don't go in for all that waggly taggly throbbin chunder stuff, but I was partial to a drop of 'Sheffield bowel loosener' before its sad demise! It was definately Wards in a bottle!!

Bouncer - I dare you to open it up and see what its like!! :lol:

Archived