Flash Mobbing. Any new ideas ?

The recent 'Flash Mobbing ' water fight in Endcliffe park, where 3,500 people squirted water over each other for a laugh must have been a sight for sore eyes, indeed.

What about a ' Smokers Flash Mob ' in the Peace Gardens ? Statistically, there must be around 120,000 smokers in Sheffield, so surely we could rustle up 10 or 12 thousand for a quick Smoking Flash. We could have different sections for cigars and pipes and ask the good old Council for some giant ashtrays,

We could have a smoke-ring competition and a fastest smoker event, on the lines of the Olympics. I suppose to be fair, although there'd have to be an element of surprise to make it fun, children under the age of 18 and pregnant women would be barred from the City centre on the Fun Day of Action.

Together with the ' Star Walk ' and ' Rag Day ', Smokers Day would add interest and amusement to the citizens of our hard-working metropolis.

Anyone else got any bright ideas ? No cowboys please.

The recent 'Flash Mobbing ' water fight in Endcliffe park, where 3,500 people squirted water over each other for a laugh must have been a sight for sore eyes, indeed.

Didn't only about 60 people turn up though? Maybe Sheffield hasn't got the flash mob bug yet....

Didn't only about 60 people turn up though? Maybe Sheffield hasn't got the flash mob bug yet....

My mate who was there watching reckons it was about 300-350 people. Don't know where the Star got 3,500 from!

I've got an idea for the next one.

Why don't you get 1000 or so Sheffielders, head out to the Peak District, then clog up the roads and footpaths, kill some animals, chuck a load of litter everywhere, set fire to the moorland and then rush back to Sheffield leaving the locals to clear up the trail of destruction.

Oh hang on a sec, sorry, that's a normal sunday!!!!!!

Perhaps they could all trun up somewhere deprived and do a days work on a useful project for the community?

Thats a good idea, flash charity, it might catch on.

I've got an idea for the next one.

Why don't you get 1000 or so Sheffielders, head out to the Peak District, then clog up the roads and footpaths, kill some animals, chuck a load of litter everywhere, set fire to the moorland and then rush back to Sheffield leaving the locals to clear up the trail of destruction.

Oh hang on a sec, sorry, that's a normal sunday!!!!!!

The Peaks are our playground!