What is religion?

The last breath will reveal the truth :) be prepared for that everyone.

Cheers

How do you know this?

But when you look at the universe, animals, plants, insects, us humans, and go even further by looking at your body, you don't remember the creator?

thats strangely a sad matter

When you say "remember" from WHEN do you mean?

Self propagating memeplexes hell bent on world domination, well at least one of them is.

'Kin'ell AJ, have you swallowed a dictionary or what?

Religion is a man made power trip.

Because it's man made it's full of daft rules, flaws, mistakes and ideosyncracies.

Faith, on the other hand, is individual, personal, and spiritual.

I believe you can have faith and a fundamental belief in God without belonging to any particular religion. But that's just me.

Religion is a man made power trip.

Because it's man made it's full of daft rules, flaws, mistakes and ideosyncracies.

Faith, on the other hand, is individual, personal, and spiritual.

I believe you can have faith and a fundamental belief in God without belonging to any particular religion. But that's just me.

No, that's bang on, that's what I've been saying in the "It's time for Catholic Church to close" thread. Why does anyone need a religion if they believe in their god and have that intimate connection?

I think religions, at least in their more traditional forms, are a sort of placebo for those who fear living. The placebo never actually cures their fears, but it does give them a sense of control - even if it's at the expense of others(who they probably fear).