Job Centre Rant!!

Personally i hate going to the job centre, i have a zero hour contract and get stick for it from them. Either way I can't win and i'm sure there are plenty more than will agree.

Is zero hour contracts classed as part time work? For me i don't think it is because i do 4.5 hours a week maybe 9 hours a week. I work for a security firm, which do football matches and other things. The job centre say you have to declare what you work so it can be deducted off your JSA BUT... And this is the thing, I've seen on walls in Bailey Court Job Centre which states if you have a part time job you will be entitled to £50 something a week, to 16 hours or under if your a certain age. Now they have said to me no you don't get any of that if you work... I don't go for the money, yes i've needed money sometimes for bills but 9 times our of 10 i get nothing because i have a "part time" job but i may not even be working some weeks and i stil wont get money from anywhere... I don't agree with what they say because no matter what we say we're wrong. According to them i owe them money because they have over paid me but noone has been recording what i have worked even though i have told them what i have worked.

Honestly i hate the job centre because they state things on walls and whatever else but then when you ask them or whatever they say no you cant have this or that.

RANT OVER!!

Anyway i don't want any nasty comments ect towards me because im on the JSA, I don't go there for money but sometimes you need it.

Opinions on this please?

What about getting advice from somewhere impartial(ish) like the Money Advisory Service?

Loads of benefits go unclaimed each year because people don't claim them.

What's the minimum period you can claim JSA for? Is it 1 day? Or 1 week? What?

If you work some days but not others, can't you make seperate individual claims for each day you don't work?

What's the minimum period you can claim JSA for? Is it 1 day? Or 1 week? What?

If you work some days but not others, can't you make seperate individual claims for each day you don't work?

You can claim for 6 months and then get put on a work programme and still claim. I work every saturday and if there is match in the week, I think you can only have one claim. But to me i don't think a zero hour contact is classed as part time because i don't have any set hours. I also get paid over the month not weekly.

---------- Post added 24-01-2016 at 19:27 ----------

What about getting advice from somewhere impartial(ish) like the Money Advisory Service?

Loads of benefits go unclaimed each year because people don't claim them.

I'm not sure how to go about that to be honest, never thought about anything like that.

I feel for you mate the jsa people are a joke and will probably don't know what your entitled too. I cant see this getting any better with all these companies dishing out zhc . theres a lot of people on here who agree with them thou :roll: but id like to see them survive on these contracts paying rent/food etc :loopy:

Personally i hate going to the job centre, i have a zero hour contract and get stick for it from them. Either way I can't win and i'm sure there are plenty more than will agree.

Is zero hour contracts classed as part time work? For me i don't think it is because i do 4.5 hours a week maybe 9 hours a week. I work for a security firm, which do football matches and other things. The job centre say you have to declare what you work so it can be deducted off your JSA BUT... And this is the thing, I've seen on walls in Bailey Court Job Centre which states if you have a part time job you will be entitled to £50 something a week, to 16 hours or under if your a certain age. Now they have said to me no you don't get any of that if you work... I don't go for the money, yes i've needed money sometimes for bills but 9 times our of 10 i get nothing because i have a "part time" job but i may not even be working some weeks and i stil wont get money from anywhere... I don't agree with what they say because no matter what we say we're wrong. According to them i owe them money because they have over paid me but noone has been recording what i have worked even though i have told them what i have worked.

Honestly i hate the job centre because they state things on walls and whatever else but then when you ask them or whatever they say no you cant have this or that.

RANT OVER!!

Anyway i don't want any nasty comments ect towards me because im on the JSA, I don't go there for money but sometimes you need it.

Opinions on this please?

You are confused and the best thing you can do is go to CAB for a benefits check and they can explain to you how it works.

The zero hour contract is a pain because it varies in how much you earn and they need to know that before they can calculate whether you are entitled to any JSA or not.

They start with standard JSA rates (age under 25 - £57.90. age 25 or over - £73.10).

They then deduct you total earnings for the week form the above sum, but ignore the first £5.

So If you earn in any given week more than £78.10, then you will get nothing.

If you earn less than that you will get the difference between what you earned and the weekly JSA rate (ignoring the first £5).

You cannot work more than 16 hours a week.

The weeks you dont work you are entitled to full JSA.

The weeks you earn less than £78.10 You are entitled to something.

Whatever youve seen about ebing entitled to £50 is incorrect or just you being confused becayse it doesnt work that way.

You should go to CAB so they cna work out your benefits for you properly and also they can assist with whether you have been under or overpaid.

You are confused and the best thing you can do is go to CAB for a benefits check and they can explain to you how it works.

The zero hour contract is a pain because it varies in how much you earn and they need to know that before they can calculate whether you are entitled to any JSA or not.

They start with standard JSA rates (age under 25 - £57.90. age 25 or over - £73.10).

They then deduct you total earnings for the week form the above sum, but ignore the first £5.

So If you earn in any given week more than £78.10, then you will get nothing.

If you earn less than that you will get the difference between what you earned and the weekly JSA rate (ignoring the first £5).

You cannot work more than 16 hours a week.

The weeks you dont work you are entitled to full JSA.

The weeks you earn less than £78.10 You are entitled to something.

Whatever youve seen about ebing entitled to £50 is incorrect or just you being confused becayse it doesnt work that way.

You should go to CAB so they cna work out your benefits for you properly and also they can assist with whether you have been under or overpaid.

No, i know all that what you have said, I'm on two rates, as I'm an SIA Door Supervisor aswell as a casual steward, There's a minimum rate and then theres higher than minimum rate when you work SIA.

No, i know all that what you have said, I'm on two rates, as I'm an SIA Door Supervisor aswell as a casual steward, There's a minimum rate and then theres higher than minimum rate when you work SIA.

Suit yourself. I cant see that makes any difference at all. If you dont wnat it explained to you then carry on.

Suit yourself. I cant see that makes any difference at all. If you dont wnat it explained to you then carry on.

What? :confused: I said i already know what you have told me, there is nothing wrong with what i said but okay.

Youve just had a rant. You seem to think you are hard done by. I've just explained how it works, which you give a good impression of not understanding. It makes no difference if you are on two rates, what matters is how much you earn in total in any given week/period.

Does being on two rates matter? Aren't the benefits people just interested in the amount you've earned?

Youve just had a rant. You seem to think you are hard done by. I've just explained how it works, which you give a good impression of not understanding. It makes no difference if you are on two rates, what matters is how much you earn in total in any given week/period.

I'm not hard done by at all... Just because i have a rant doesn't mean i'm thinking i'm hard done by or anything, I don't get why people say that when people rant about something... I'm just stating a point, as i said on the walls says one thing on pieces of paper and then the advisors say another thing. And my point is being overpaid which is not my fault because i have been telling my advisor what i have worked but according to them i owe them money, someone hasn't been writing my working hours down which has leaded to them saying i owe money... That is what i am ranting about, I know all what you have said which i appreciate you explaining it.

---------- Post added 24-01-2016 at 21:20 ----------

Does being on two rates matter? Aren't the benefits people just interested in the amount you've earned?

No, i was told there interested in the hours you do not how much you earn.