Who Is At fault Over The Migrant Drownings.

Thanks for calling me stupid, but i'm pointing out the difference between an asylum seeker and a migrant. Someone cleared as a refugee is fleeing persecution and is entitled to ask for shelter education and support. Moving as an economic migrant to another country especially outside the EU will require a degree of self sufficiency.

I'm quite aware of the difference. I was answering Mafya's post about Brits going abroad.

Please don't start preaching about asylum seekers. Very few are genuine. Whether they are asylum seekers, refugees or asylum seekers they still come here and to other European countries and start demanding and expect taxpayers to provide for their every whim. By the way, if they are all genuine then there can't be many people left in Syria.

I'm quite aware of the difference. I was answering Mafya's post about Brits going abroad.

Please don't start preaching about asylum seekers. Very few are genuine. Whether they are asylum seekers, refugees or asylum seekers they still come here and to other European countries and start demanding and expect taxpayers to provide for their every whim. By the way, if they are all genuine then there can't be many people left in Syria.

I dont need to preach I was pointing out the difference. The point is if they are classed as refugees then they are entitled to a certain level of support no matter how much you resnt it or them. I never said they were all genuine thats just a straw man abut abut 1/3 are approved.

When Brits emigrate to Australia etc. they don't get off the plane/boat and demand a house, welfare benefits, free health, education, gas, electric, food, clothes, phones, cars and everything else they come here and demand.

I think you're going to get reeled in here cytine with this post and particlarly what you quoted to come to this conclusion

In answer to your quote, most people from here emigrate to Australia with skills that AUS want, and to get appox. equal to/ or more than they have here, and the climate/lifestyle is often a deciding factor (if Australia wants your skills).

If I went over on a scraggy boat and expected to walk into all of the above, I think I'm be insane or desperate/fleeing somewhere bad and wanting more - which they [people with nothing, and seeking more] all want. I think you are arguing 2 different things.

Usa is much the same as above. Thailand: people generally go to spend their money/or travel. Spain: people like to holiday there because it's close, fairly well trusted, and hotter than here, and because of its proximity and links to the UK via flight, it's a good place to retire if you have the money to.

my bold=

Do you ask the same about the Brits that emigrate to Australia, Thailand, USA, Spain etc?

The English that travel to Australia have to pay a £30,000 bond and if they can't get a job the benefits they receive comes out of their bond and after 3 years? The bond is returned minus and benefits that was paid out to them, but I do not believe for a minute that Thailand pay benefits, you can live like a king there on a small amount of money, as for the U.S.A. any benefits ( coupons) you get are not sufficient to live on,can't say about Spain, so really you haven't got an argument.