Richie wenton still around?

about 4/5 years ago i meet this man wile plastering on site, we got on ace was just wondering if any of you knew if richie was still in sheffield, i did know at the time he was a sparky and would love to work with him again on our jobs.

try sheffield boxing centre you will find him in there

just looked on that thanks just wanted to know if he is still in trade really, like thred, would be nice to know he still around and doing what he did way back when thanks.

i have a photo of me holding his lonsdale belt he was a close friend of my uncle

thats great i only just found out how good of a boxer he was by trying to find him, the guy he was working for at the time i meet him told me he was a boxer but never had access to internet then. beside what i know now he is a good lad who i never kept contact with i even plastered some of his house!! and saw photos! silly me. just wunded if he is still a sparky as we need one where we are and he sprung to mind, would be nice to catch up.

i think he was involved in a fight that ended in tragedy a few years back - i dont think he was the same fighter after that - if he ever fought again at all i dont know

i think he was involved in a fight that ended in tragedy a few years back - i dont think he was the same fighter after that - if he ever fought again at all i dont know
the boxer who died was called bradley stone. richie fought many fights after this but yea it could have affected him in someway.

Link to the story on the BBC website, at bottom of the article.

Hi. I know this is an old post about Richie Wenton but my dad and step mum run a working men's club in Stocksbridge called The Peggy Tub and he goes in there all time now. My dad got talking to him and he has moved up Stocksbridge now.