The Irish Lottery

Sorry if this isn't in the right board, but then again there isn't an 'Irish' bit!

I just want a bit of help, I've never ever done the lottery in the UK - or Lotto as it may or may not be called now - but anyway, I've heard that the Irish Lottery is better , and you put it on in a normal Bookies, ie Ladbrokes, William Hill etc?

Does anybody know the rules - how many numbers you put on, how many you need to win etc etc?

Thanks

You can put as many numbers on as you wish i think....1, 2, 3, etc upto either 5 or 6.

Thats all i can tell you because i'm daft and don't really know the rules myself although my brother does as he keeps winning on the sodding thing!

Hopefully, someone will be along soon to help tell us the proper rules....:)

Sorry if this isn't in the right board, but then again there isn't an 'Irish' bit!

I just want a bit of help, I've never ever done the lottery in the UK - or Lotto as it may or may not be called now - but anyway, I've heard that the Irish Lottery is better , and you put it on in a normal Bookies, ie Ladbrokes, William Hill etc?

Does anybody know the rules - how many numbers you put on, how many you need to win etc etc?

Thanks

I play 3 numbers on three lines, that costs £3, £1 per line for a chance to win £575 plus your pound stake back. The draws are Wednesday and Saturday evenings. I think the amount you can win varies from booky to booky, so check. There are numerous ways to play. If you call into a bookies, ask at the counter for an Irish Lotto slip and advice on how to fill it in. I think there are details on how to play on the slip itself. Dont get it confused with the 49'ers.

I moved house 2 weeks ago and won it!

Hope that helps and good luck!;)

I sometimes play and have 2 numbers, the kids Birthdays. Think we have just 50p but on each draw because they have 3 draws. Early, main and late. Have won a few times, better luck than the English and better odd's. £10 for 3 on our lottery is rubbish!

Thanks

Have a go like a post says for the normal 3 numbers it costs £3 to place the bet as you can have 3 possible chances.

I have won loads of times once I won £500 Wednesday, £500 Saturday and then other half won £500 Wednesday.

So if I put £1 on a number three times, and one of them numbers comes up, what will i win?

If you pick on, say number 10 and enter it in all 3 draws you get odds of (I think) 11/2 ish so you could get £6.50 back for each line where the number 10 was drawn. There are only 42 numbers to choose from as opposed to 49 which makes the odds a bit better.