Parents of starving kids get 7 years

jan2002

Originally posted by tattoo

I am noy saying the health visitor was at fault, all babies need their jabs ,plus the usual assesments that health visitors are supposed to do (the hearing test at nine month, booster jabs at 10 months).How did they manage to avoid this?

I agree with what you are saying and certainly not digging at you. Not all children are vaccinated though. Some parents disagree with vaccinations. Like I said My daughter has never seen a health visitor she is now 3. I have never felt the need for my daughter to visit one. It is very easy to avoid it, you just don't make an appointment to see them.

Sorry i couldnt get back to you sooner Bonny. The reason i cant understand about the health visitor is this ;

Where i live doctor, parents & health visitor are all closley linked.If a parent doesnt take their baby for jabs, tests, check ups etc, the health visitor will call to see if there are any problems.A card is sent out just befoe the due date to remind people of check up dates , jabs and so on.Also up to a year old all babies are weighed priodically to check thier progress. Your baby even recieves a first Birthday Card from the doctors practice. With this close knit working of parents, doctor, and health visitor being the norm for us ,you can see why i was alarmed that it wasnt picked up on sooner.

Archived