Spear and Jackson Saville St

tonio

• 10 months later...

message for Tonio, some years back you posted some photo's of the Melting shop, and you mentioned Barrie Wragg had some of the Mill in its last days, I was at Spears Ind. from '70 to '78 and was recently talking to a friend who's involved with Kelham Island, as a lad I used to take visitors around the plant so knew all the departments back to front...and they want to make a record of what we did there from steel making to shipping finished saws out to the jungle...! If you have any pictures I would be very grateful and make sure everyone involved is credited.

Cheers Paul Ward ( Technical Apprentice.! 1970) Development Dept.

message for Tonio, some years back you posted some photo's of the Melting shop, and you mentioned Barrie Wragg had some of the Mill in its last days, I was at Spears Ind. from '70 to '78 and was recently talking to a friend who's involved with Kelham Island, as a lad I used to take visitors around the plant so knew all the departments back to front...and they want to make a record of what we did there from steel making to shipping finished saws out to the jungle...! If you have any pictures I would be very grateful and make sure everyone involved is credited.

Cheers Paul Ward ( Technical Apprentice.! 1970) Development Dept.

P M me with your e mail address or Phone Number

• 2 weeks later...
----------

Thanks for your reply friend and yes it was Plumpers and that chip/ shop

was a few doors away. :thumbsup:

The 'Plumpers' and the 'Albert' were the two pubs near there. Both on opposite corners of Greystock Street and Sutherland Street. 'Plumpers' was on the 'S&J' side. The chip shop was on the other side of Sutherland Street nearer to Norfolk Bridge and opposite the end of Corby Street.

The 'Plumpers' and the 'Albert' were the two pubs near there. Both on opposite corners of Greystock Street and Sutherland Street. 'Plumpers' was on the 'S&J' side. The chip shop was on the other side of Sutherland Street nearer to Norfolk Bridge and opposite the end of Corby Street.

As I recall the lads from the Rolling mill and maybe melting shop used to get a beer allowance which they got from the Plumpers...!

• 4 years later...
On 19/03/2010 at 22:11, okismoki said:

my in laws cyril and joan wyatt both worked there,both took redundacy in 82,my aunty,joyce glasby,also worked there in the 60,s.

A big bump on this thread. Did Joan Wyatt ever live at Arbouthorne? Thanks.