Hallam Foe - Film

EdnaKrabappe

Just a heads up to go and see this great Film 4 film, 'Hallam Foe' in which - well not much happens really.

It's a film about voyeurism and relationships and oddities that makes you laugh and think.

With Atonement and Run Fat Boy out this week, it might get missed and it's really good if just to see Billy Elliot (Jamie Bell) grown up! And Spud from Trainspotting is excellent in it!

I saw this last night (and it's usually on the posh screen at Cineworld - bonus!) and loved it. It was quite disturbing but moving at the same time... a very strange film, but slightly comical at times and downright heart-breaking at others.

Yeah that's another reason to go - you get the little cinemas! (screen 19 this week)

• 11 months later...

I didn't think it worked really. I liked some of the themes but I think they could have gone the whole way and made it more obscure rather than it being half accessible and mundane and half freakish. Plus they blatantly ripped off Iain Banks. Speaking of which, will someone please adapt one of his novels??