Scoffers Restaurant - West Street 1980s - can anyone on here remember it?

discovery

Hey

I walked up West Street today and began reminiscing about the days when I used to waitress at Scoffers, which is now the Sahib Indian Restaurant.

Just wonder if anyone can remember it as I had a great time working there.

Anyone remember those huge beef ribs or the hideous Scoffers Monster or the gorgeous ice creams with hot choc or hot fudge sauce? :hihi:

Hey

I walked up West Street today and began reminiscing about the days when I used to waitress at Scoffers, which is now the Sahib Indian Restaurant.

Just wonder if anyone can remember it as I had a great time working there.

Anyone remember those huge beef ribs or the hideous Scoffers Monster or the gorgeous ice creams with hot choc or hot fudge sauce? :hihi:

Yes, I remember it well. Worked at the University on Mappin Street and often went into Scoffers. Had some lovely meals.

Hi Discovery

Yes I remember Scoffers well. I never went in myself but some of the guys from church went in often, they used to quote the text from Revelation saying "In the last days there shall be scoffers!"

Thanks for the memory - DD

Yes I remember Scoffers - if memory serves me it was open in the mid 80's.

I think it was one of the few places at that time open on a Sunday afternoons! (how times have changed!!)

The wife and I used to meet the in Laws - the Barnsley Chop was all I remember off the menu - a b**y great slab of meat covered in a barbecue style sauce - eating that thing once week probably explains why I am overweight now.

Great memories though - thanks for prodding the brain cells

Yes I remember Scoffers - if memory serves me it was open in the mid 80's.

I think it was one of the few places at that time open on a Sunday afternoons! (how times have changed!!)

The wife and I used to meet the in Laws - the Barnsley Chop was all I remember off the menu - a b**y great slab of meat covered in a barbecue style sauce - eating that thing once week probably explains why I am overweight now.

Great memories though - thanks for prodding the brain cells

If you struggled to handle the Barnsley Chop, imagine the Scoffers Monster. It had a Barnsley Chop, a burger, a sausage and liver (I think it was) as well!

They used to have this challenge on that if anyone could clear their plate of the Scoffers Monster, they wouldn't be charged for it. I never recall anyone doing it though.