Edward street flats

Aye, there were lots of the blighters though!! LOL Old Alice (Gawd luv her) certainly had plenty. One of her daughters, Ann knocked around with me Mam for years. Still bump into her occassionally :)

*Smiles*

Angi

Cant remember Ann, but remember Susan bit of a tom lad, always playing football at school, and the other lads. Also remember big Eddy who always wore a abba jumper lol.

eddy still lives on here and i remember all who you mentioned roger still lives on here

Cant remember Ann, but remember Susan bit of a tom lad, always playing football at school, and the other lads. Also remember big Eddy who always wore a abba jumper lol.

LOL

The Abba jumper ........ he even signed his Christmas cards from Eddie and Abba.

Yea, there was Susan, and her twin Karen.

Eddy as I remember him he used to go out, and he used to have in hsi collection of records every single that was in the top 40 that week. he had thousands of songs. He used to just stand on the landing watching everyone listening to his music.

Did anyone remember Paul Meads from the flats, he lived on there years with his mum and dad and his brother Robert adn he had another brother. Then his mum and dad passed away over the years and Paul got married, and then I heard he died a year or two ago, and I think he was living on the flats. Some other who lived on flats but moved off were the Tonks. Gosh there are loads off there but cant remember names now.

Had some fun on there though, even though I didnt live on there. Oh yes parramores!! I think that was the names, Think it was Steve who went to school same time as me or around that time.

I vaguely remember Steve Paramore (wasn't he nicknamed parrot?) I think my sis was in the same year at school as his sis.

As for the Tonks, I think one of them lives close to me now, seem to see him on the bus regular, Danny I think it is.

*Smiles*

Angi

Eddy as I remember him he used to go out, and he used to have in hsi collection of records every single that was in the top 40 that week. he had thousands of songs. He used to just stand on the landing watching everyone listening to his music.

Did anyone remember Paul Meads from the flats, he lived on there years with his mum and dad and his brother Robert adn he had another brother. Then his mum and dad passed away over the years and Paul got married, and then I heard he died a year or two ago, and I think he was living on the flats. Some other who lived on flats but moved off were the Tonks. Gosh there are loads off there but cant remember names now.

Had some fun on there though, even though I didnt live on there. Oh yes parramores!! I think that was the names, Think it was Steve who went to school same time as me or around that time.

Yes it was Parrot, he was a lad lol

Yes Danny Tonks, the quiet one, dont think he talks to people now, keeps himself to himself. He went to live at the new flats at Hyde park but not seen him for years to talk too.

I drove through Netherthorpe the other day took my dad he not been for years, and god its changed and still changing, the flats still the same apart from those flats they are building next door to them!! Is the Albion still there? That was a pub lol.

Always remember going to St Georges church with lads from flats and we found a grave saying something about whoever reads this will soon be in my place. Used to scare us to death lol.:D

The albion is now student flats also the little corner shop is also flats all student accomodation now in the area if you need any info on edward street ask me i live a few doors away from eddie

The albion is now student flats also the little corner shop is also flats all student accomodation now in the area if you need any info on edward street ask me i live a few doors away from eddie

do me a favour say hello to him for me ive not seen him in must be 25 years say its jenny jones son andrew ;)

Aye, there were lots of the blighters though!! LOL Old Alice (Gawd luv her) certainly had plenty. One of her daughters, Ann knocked around with me Mam for years. Still bump into her occassionally :)

*Smiles*

Angi

The Moorby`s from eldest to youngest are, Ann, Keith, John, Brian, Pauline, Karen and Susan, (twins) and Kevin. Alice was my mother-in-law.

Thanks for that lolmob. I've got it straight in my head now :)

Mum hang around with Ann, my sis was her eldests best friend for many years (Jane). I remember one of the brothers used to DJ at the youth club at St Stephens Church Hall.

I also remember when Pauline got married that Susan wore trousers under her bridesmaids dress :hihi: The last I saw of Pauline she was very ill.

Saw Kevin a coupla years ago, least said the better LOL

Which one were you married to then?

Alice was great on the sharrabang trips, always got everyone singing along. Don't get 'em like that now a days <sigh>

*Smiles*

Angi

The Moorby`s from eldest to youngest are, Ann, Keith, John, Brian, Pauline, Karen and Susan, (twins) and Kevin. Alice was my mother-in-law.

hi edward is my uncle fond memorys of my nan and marie sunday dinner times were best my mum is sandra jarvis: