Wagging school and where did you go?

God I must have been a right goody two shoes, I never wagged it oh the shame, I'm cringing now lol....we used to refer to it as wagging the hook.

From Tapton used to wag it after dinner quite regularly,forge dam cafe,frothy coffee beat double maths anyday,around 72-73.

Bramall Lane one afternoon seeing Billy Dearden score a hat trick against West Ham ( I think ) Also saw Pele for Santos at Hillsborough around the same time. Played in the afternoon due to power cuts/strikes at the time.

I used to walk down Birley Spa Lane to Carter Lodge, past my mate Dave's house, if he was at home wagging it, he'd knock on his window and we'd sit in his house smoking fags, drinking tea and playing guitar, mostly songs off Ziggy Stardust and The Faces first album. It wasn't wasted because I became a professional guitarist and I'm still making a living at it!

I wagged it whilst in the reception class after I decided school wasn,t for me,I was only around 6yrs old,my mother would deposit me at the Hillfoot school gates with my packup in the morning.I waited until she went out of sight and off I went a wandering,sometimes up Parkwood Rd or on the waterside,the tip opposite the school was a favourite if you climbed to the top you had a birds-eye view into the schoolyard where I would watch the kids at playtime!.Being alone never bothered me as I never saw kids to play with due to our isolated house location,it came to an end first time round when dear old dad and ma had a visit from the school bobby who enquired"When are you sending your lad to school?"ma replied "How do you mean I take him every morning!"so he says"We haven,t seen him for three weeks!".At this juncture my arse developed a rosy red sort of colour due to father pounding on it,my scolastic career bucked up a tad after this but I still wagged it at every opportunity being more crafty and carefull not to get caught!.:loopy::confused::roll: