Where and how did you propose?

Well her boyfriend's got loads of money and is always doing lavish things for her so if he asks her she'll probably get her way :hihi:

This is the advantage of living a simple life, your expectations are never too high!

Seriously though, if you want to get married, it doesn't really matter if you just decide on it over the washing up.

I don't know - I think it would be nice for the proposal to be special, but that doesn't mean it has to be expensive or lavish - just personal and special. But that's just my opinion!

does anyone think it's wrong for a woman to ask? I'm going to a wedding in two weeks and she asked him on Valentines day last year.

I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I wouldn't ask, but that's not because I think its wrong in general.

The opportunity has passed me entirely by.... :(

Come on cinders. Someone with your knowledge of whiskey, cocktails and diesel engines must be a prime catch for someone. Drop the mop and grab the lippy. There is someone out there just waiting for you.:)

Anyway i've got my eye on someone down the pub... ONLY JOKING !!!!! :D

Beer pumps always make a lass better looking. :thumbsup:

I'm just wondering what do folks do with engagement rings if you get turned down?

Do you keep them and use them until someone says yes? If someone chucked the ring back after you were married would you use it again?

Edited by eckerslike

Beer pumps always make a lass better looking. :thumbsup:

I'm just wondering what do folks do with engagement rings if you get turned down?

Do you keep them and use them until someone says yes? If someone chucked the ring back after you were married would you use it again?

Oh my god imagine finding out after years of a happy marriage that your wedding ring had previously been on the finger of his ex wife.....!!!

Oh my god imagine finding out after years of a happy marriage that your wedding ring had previously been on the finger of his ex wife.....!!!

That was what I was thinking. I have just started a thread on the subject. Now't better to do on a wet afternoon.