Asked for ID by Bouncers at Cavendish

an for the prat that says 1 ov the lads "ran inside an called the cops" wen u offed him out stop feedin bull**** coz i know non ov em would do that

So how do you explain me being in a police car and getting told i was barred from the S*** hole! Then........................

I get asked for ID all the time, I'm 34 in a weeks time :hihi: I didn't get asked this much when I was 18.

I think its quite funny really. Unless I've forgotten my ID.

serendipity did this happen about 2 or 3 months back and were you with your girlfriend?

serendipity did this happen about 2 or 3 months back and were you with your girlfriend?

Nope sorry my barring act was at xmas and i aint got a girlfriend anymore so nope sorry lol

Ok, its just that i was at popeyes chicken shop across the street when a man was thrown out of the chavendish followed by his girlfriend, the man must of had brass balls because he was fronting upto the bouncers calling them every name under the sun, two police officers who patrol west street tried to talk with the man and he was giving them as much hassle as the doorstaff.

saying he was going to come back and smash the doorstaff up when the police asked him to move on he refused so they cuffed him, then his girlfriend went on one with the police, a car was called and the man took off in it the girl was then ordered to walk on.

Ok, its just that i was at popeyes chicken shop across the street when a man was thrown out of the chavendish followed by his girlfriend, the man must of had brass balls because he was fronting upto the bouncers calling them every name under the sun, two police officers who patrol west street tried to talk with the man and he was giving them as much hassle as the doorstaff.

saying he was going to come back and smash the doorstaff up when the police asked him to move on he refused so they cuffed him, then his girlfriend went on one with the police, a car was called and the man took off in it the girl was then ordered to walk on.

no im not that bad lol

If its the little asian guy i'm thnking of he is excellent and your right he is very helpful and soo chilled out i thought he was asleep, and correct me if im wrong but he doesnt work for ace security like the other bouncers does he?,

Yes if i had any problems in the chavendish at all he is the bouncer i would talk to and i dont think he works at blacks anymore. on the fat ginger bouncer subject i think he's called Tom, Ha Ha ginger Tom..... sorry just thought it was funny.

Hi littlefairy,

His name is Asmol, he works for knox leisure and security.

Im his cousin Farhad :)

Tell him I said Hello next time you go there.

so you offered barstaff outside?

people wonder why they get rubbish service at bars?

people cause a scene because they cant get into a bar without ID.. no matter how old they are??

see a theme?

remember people.... your are invited into public houses... its not your given right to be there..

I personally think bar staff do a bloody good job:thumbsup:, especially with the grief they have to put up with on a daily basis! There will always be one though...

A couple of years back me and a mate tried to go in The Cavendish, it was only early evening and we were both sober.

The doormen said it was full, when clearly it was nowhere near full, so we walked off.

We got about 20 yeards away when they then said "ok lads you can come in", so we just said forget it and kept walking, and then they started to follow us up the street.

Bizzarre behaviour for doormen. They only work for a cheesy chain pub that sells plastic food and crap beer to student's...no idea why they are so far up their own arses.

I refuse to carry any kind of formal ID as I think it is an infringement on my civil liberties. I am 26 and do not look under 22 by any stretch. I have been ID'd more times in the last 2 years than in the 2 years before I turned 18 - crazy!

Although, I usually get in anyway. By just keeping calm, smiling in a suprised way and saying something like "No mate, I'm 26, I haven't carried ID for ages" make sure you are making eye-contact at the end of the sentence and have a non-agressive stance/body-language. They usually let you in, or if they don't - say something like "alright mate, I understand" and start walking off looking at other bars. They may call you back and let you in.

Out of the last 8 times i have been ID'd I have got in 7 times (with no ID). BE NICE!

Part of bouncer's job is to try and get a rise out of people they aren't sure about to judge your response to help them decide. Although granted some of them are on some kind of power trip