Any golfers on here ?

I'm going for 9 tonight, so I'll check the member's noticeboard, but I'm guessing they won't have put anything up about it

Is anyone going out this weekend? Hope weather stays nice.

Good golfing weather for tomorrow apparently - we're hoping to head over to Beauchief in the morning

Is anyone going out this weekend? Hope weather stays nice.

Played Tinsley last night, birdied 8,double bogeyed 9 and birdied 16. It's a funny old game sometimes.

Course playing well with the Greens in excellent condition.

What is Birley like these days, hoping to play there next Tuesday.

I played Hallamshire on Thursday. Very windy (more so that usual!) and a bit wet in places. Always a tough challenge, but did OK.

Played 2 rounds at Newark yesterday. The wind... :( Stayed dry but seemed like almost every hole had a 2-3 club cross or head wind. Made scoring very hard. Course was in good nick though (greens a bit fluffy - just been seeded), and holed a bunker shot for the first time in years :)

That's the first 3 rounds of a 13 round golf fest over the next week.

Off to Ganton tomorrow for a practice round, then our company golf week starts on Monday, hosted at Ganton and Scarborough South Cliff.

:)

hi,im looking for a mid-week partner either in sheffield or rotherham..i used to play off 13 handicap but not played in years.so looking to get back into golf once more..anyone interested please email me...

thanks

mick

I played Hallamshire on Thursday. Very windy (more so that usual!) and a bit wet in places. Always a tough challenge, but did OK.

Played 2 rounds at Newark yesterday. The wind... :( Stayed dry but seemed like almost every hole had a 2-3 club cross or head wind. Made scoring very hard. Course was in good nick though (greens a bit fluffy - just been seeded), and holed a bunker shot for the first time in years :)

That's the first 3 rounds of a 13 round golf fest over the next week.

Off to Ganton tomorrow for a practice round, then our company golf week starts on Monday, hosted at Ganton and Scarborough South Cliff.

:)

Played South Cliff a couple of years back - good course - enjoyed it. Not played Ganton yet....stupidly didn't enter the county championship when it was there last. How did you get on?

finally going to get round to actually playing a course in Sheffield next week during my hols. What's considered the easiest of the 4 council run courses? and is there any others less than about 18 quid a round I should check out? am going to try and play a different course ever day from Tuesday-Saturday

Played South Cliff a couple of years back - good course - enjoyed it. Not played Ganton yet....stupidly didn't enter the county championship when it was there last. How did you get on?

I've played South Cliff a few times, I particularly enjoy the finisishing holes but I'm not that keen on those on the other side of the road.

finally going to get round to actually playing a course in Sheffield next week during my hols. What's considered the easiest of the 4 council run courses? and is there any others less than about 18 quid a round I should check out? am going to try and play a different course ever day from Tuesday-Saturday

A bit of advice/help for you:

If you go for a twilight(after 5.30 I think) it will only cost you about 8 quid midweek.

Of the courses I'd suggest Birley is the easiest, Tinsley is my favourite, Beauchief the most picturesque and Tapton the hardest.

I've played South Cliff a few times, I particularly enjoy the finisishing holes but I'm not that keen on those on the other side of the road.

Really? Those were my favourite. that short drivable par 4 and then the reachable par 5....but get it wrong and hit your ball in the north sea...