Cheap supermarkets in s11 area

just moved across town and now living in S11. The only supermarket i have found so far is tesco on ecclesall road but i need to stock up on lots of things and having just moved house am totally skint.

anyone know where the cheap shops are round here?

thanks

Netto in Walkley, near the end of South road. Cheap as chips. not Sure if there is a Netto in Crookes.

theres a tescos and a sainsburys in millhouses, and just behind that is a Aldi

x

Netto in Walkley, near the end of South road. Cheap as chips. not Sure if there is a Netto in Crookes.

neither walkley or crookes are s11, neeeek... they are s10-ish / s6

A lot of it depends on which bit of S11 the op lives in. It's a large district.

The supermarkets around this part of S11 are:-

Somerfield at the very top of Ecclesall Road (near banner cross)

there's a Spar at Hunters Bar,

or, a bit further back towards town is Tesco at Berkeley Precinct,

Finally, at the very bottom end of ecclesall road, there's waitrose, but they're a bit on the pricey side.

If the Netto at Broomhill is still there (long, long time since I went up that way), and you're near to the 30 bus stop, that might be the answer.

no, hh, the netto is long gone. it's a costcutter or something, now. (something with blue signage, anyway).

I've just come back from Hillsborough, went past Catchbar Lane Netto's and they were definitely shut.

Therefore logic dictates that every other Netto will be shut as well.

The Co-Op was shut as well.

In fact the only shop in the whole of Hillsborough other than the paper shop opposite the Park that was open was Choices video shop.

no, hh, the netto is long gone. it's a costcutter or something, now. (something with blue signage, anyway).

Oh well .......... stumped then mate :( The Netto shops at Queens Road, Woodseats, and Manor Top are still open, but they're not very "S11"able, unless you're driving. If you were driving, it would negate the point of this thread!

edit: didn't realise you just meant today Rich! Still recovering from last night's post-Lane bottle of scotch .........

Most S11 natives live in Eccleshall do they not? :D

Btw where is everyone's fave Eccy native lately? He seems to be on hiatus...

well, not necessarily, rich, S11 covers Ecclesall, Hunters Bar, Sharrow, Sharrow Vale, Brincliffe, some if not all of Carter Knowle....

Nethergreen, too! :D

thanks for your replies. i'm fairly close to the top of cemetery road and no car so its walking with a rucsack to get the groceries at the moment.

i've found tesco at the berkeley precinct and waitrose which is just down the hill and on my way home from town more or less but is hugely expensive.

i suppose i'm looking for the nearest lidl or aldi or netto - but i've not found any yet although i have found the chinese supermarkets on london road and stocked up on a few bits.