A certain publishing company in Dronfield

Replied to an ad in the Star 3 or 4 weeks ago for a graphic designer. From almost the outset it wa obviously a brain-picking exercise (they needed a website). After 2 weeks of almost constant abuse, nit-picking, working thru every lunchtime and a full weekend's work, I was given the old "I don't think this is working" crap and dismissed.

What makes it worse is that I turned down another (proper) job to work for this circus. Can't see me getting the £500+ I'm owed (do I have any rights after just 2 weeks?)

So if you see any ads for Graphic Designer (and they also constantly need sales people as they last about a day) with a 01246 prefix, be very afraid.

Replied to an ad in the Star 3 or 4 weeks ago for a graphic designer. From almost the outset it wa obviously a brain-picking exercise (they needed a website). After 2 weeks of almost constant abuse, nit-picking, working thru every lunchtime and a full weekend's work, I was given the old "I don't think this is working" crap and dismissed.

What makes it worse is that I turned down another (proper) job to work for this circus. Can't see me getting the £500+ I'm owed (do I have any rights after just 2 weeks?)

So if you see any ads for Graphic Designer (and they also constantly need sales people as they last about a day) with a 01246 prefix, be very afraid.

Would that be a publishing company relatively close to a certain pub that is named after a "racing animal", would it?

I'm afraid they're ....er.....well known for their antics.....

It would indeed, RiffRaff! Also next to a restaurant named after a "small" mediterranean country...

You were employed so you can legally claim any wages owed to you and any accrued holiday pay for 2 weeks (1/2 to 1 day pending your annual entitlement).

It would indeed, RiffRaff! Also next to a restaurant named after a "small" mediterranean country...

Yup...thought as much.