Cultivating peppers

Anyone had success with growing sweet peppers? I have raised about 40 seedlings at present though I know the next stage is not so easy. Any suggestions? (possibly in exchange for a number of surviving plants)?

i've had success most years that i've tried growing peppers (normally from seeds out of a bought pepper). Just make you tickle the flowers if they are not outside, to pollinate them, and support the stems when the fruit start appearing. Apparently they grow better in pots than the ground (with tomato food) although my mum grew loads successfully in the ground in her allotment last year :)

they start off green, then go through the colours as they ripen. If you've given them plenty of water and food and sunshine you should get decent peppers :)

I grew 6 plants last season, but managed to kill 5 of them before they left the propergator ! The one remaining plant did extremely well in the potting shed.

What varieties are you growing ?

I've got some gypsy, big banana, tasty grill red, tasty grill yellow and redskin on the go ... might be up for a swap if they make it out of the propergator.

Can you provide a loving home for a rescue kittie ? Rain Rescue Cats

Free/cheap cat neutering please look here Link

they really are quite easy - no special care required, just lots of water and the occasional feed. I was amazed at the smell and taste - so much more intense and 'peppery' than shop bought peppers.

Can you provide a loving home for a rescue kittie ? Rain Rescue Cats

Free/cheap cat neutering please look here Link

i've had success most years that i've tried growing peppers (normally from seeds out of a bought pepper). Just make you tickle the flowers if they are not outside, to pollinate them, and support the stems when the fruit start appearing. Apparently they grow better in pots than the ground (with tomato food) although my mum grew loads successfully in the ground in her allotment last year :)

they start off green, then go through the colours as they ripen. If you've given them plenty of water and food and sunshine you should get decent peppers :)

Thanks em3798! They still look good though I'm going to transfer to individual miniblocks now as they're begining to get damping/mould due to to lid keeping moisture in. JJ

'Tickling'? that's a new one for me; sounds good though.

I grew from seed last year and the ones in pots did great the ones I put in the ground did nothing! Good luck

Thanks Kim 69! They still look good though I'm going to transfer to individual miniblocks now as they're begining to get damping/mould due to to lid keeping moisture in. JJ