Anyone in to CB radio in 1980s?

I remember you,and Squaw and Baby Duck also from Canklow. :)

Yes i remember you,im still in contact with Clubman,he just as nice as always.

Are there any shops left in Sheffield that still sell CB radios and related items, mag mounts, swr meters etc?

I was on the Cb in the 80`s,,,,myself and group of friends in Hackenthorpe. Rota Motor, avenger, baticock, overdirve,yanky dollar but to name a few. my first radio was a cobra 19gtl AM well before it was legal to own a CB. I was still at school then, but me and a friend would wait until to TV broadcast would go off and the start to call for a copy...this was around 12.00 o`clock midnite....we used to be F##ked when we went to school. All this changed when I left school and CB became legal....I passed my test and off I went with an amstrad 901 strapped under the dash,,,,we had eye balls everywhere...we used to go to Handsworth breakers club every week....those were the days..(happy days too)...just remembered another handle Time bomd,,,any one remember her.....I still own a CB and still use it on occassion, well I say CB it`s a President lincoln....still in tip top condition. I still have a few friends on 27.781..(19) so if anyones on put a call out for me....my handle these days is sparky....10 10 till we do it again....

hi there!

the one you recall at the Hillfoot Club was Sheffield CB'ers Association of which i was a committee member.... we boasted taking over £500 one Saturday night, it sadly went downhill after that and we moved to Burnaby Street WMC and due to dwindling membership disbanded and the club was demolished and there are houses where the old club was.... it was only a stone throw away from IXL CB (sadly deceased some years ago now)... oh what memories wonder if you remember me? U.S. Male (formerly KC - King Creole on AM)?

Well well it's a small world Paul hi there after all these years.

I was also a member all those years ago,I was also a Founder member of The

Breakers Charity organisation,we held a charity gig there.

That's all for now Paul all the best Steve Guy Fawkes

this brings back alot ov memories , i wos on as gg at that time but the cafe wosnt mine it wos gordens , i do remember a few ov you tho , there wos cb clubs allover at that time , Hello.Paul,i dont know me,Im Ann-marie(Canklow).

aw i remmber joker(steve) hes passed away bless him,i was blue bandit with the american car,we had a shop on langset road selling cb,s,good days,haha gorden and gladdis or gg,s never had it so good when we started meeting down there for a cuppa and a sandwich,he did well out off it

i remember '79-82 the only american car down there at GG's on the wicker was a pontiac either trans am or firebird ? i used to drive the big Vauxhall VX with racing numbers on the doors

The Firebird belonged to 'Artful Dodger' Roger. He used to run the Vulcan Petrol station opposite what was Tinsley Wire. The other large motor that was regularly there was a red Ford Fairmont belonging to 'Gold Bracelet' Johnny, a top bloke.

Beamish

me and my hubby were on the rig in the early 80,s.we had a general electric straight 40 with a power mike and we used to bleed over people.we kept it for years until one of our sons tried getting it working and because he couldnt,he stripped it to find out why.my handle was calamity jayne and my hubbys was eagle.my mum was tealady and my dad was friar tuck.i can remember when i was pregnant with my daughter,1/2 of sheffield were on the rig the night i started in labour to see what i was having.i had lots of visitors after she was born.seems a very long way back.

it was the old a,m by the way.we packed it in when they changed to fm.if i remember rightly,someone went missing in rotherham and there were 100,s of cbers out in force looking for the missing person,all keeping in constant contact with each other.i think the person was eventually found safe.

Hi all, Just spent the last hour reading all the threads and bringing back some memories.

I started around 79 and went on until 82 when it was too much like a nursery then at side of the good old days of AM.

Went to several CB clubs including the cross syths at Abey dale road end of town, the Delta Foxtrot from Attercliffe and the Mike Delta at The three feathers on Prince of Wales road.

Most of the family were on, including my dad, mum and several cuesins, lots of old mates.

Meeting people at the two main CB shops and GG's.

Names and handles: -

Wall tie, Trophy, day break, DDL (dady long legs), MK2, Strider, Beatrice Rat Oh god lots more though handles fade into the distance.

Like me some of the "Lads" got fed up with the idiots on CB and whent on to pass their exams to become radio hams, which I am still.

Lets see if anyone remembers me, the handle was Biggles.

Look forward to replies.

Edited by djbriggs
incorrect info

There was a bloke called Fred used to live on the bottom of scowerdons was always on his CB , it would have been the early 80's . My sister and her mates all used to hang round there when they were teenages , she took me round once when i was little and he gave me the creeps . He was alot like jimmy saville , used to wear little shorts and shirts undone to show off his chest :gag: !!!.I always remember all the ariels on his roof for the CB , the neighbors used to complain alot , dont know what his name on the CB was though , sorry !!! xx

His handle was sunny Jim, he creeped me out too

My god the 80s CB lol I was Visage, I went to most of the Cb clubs any one remember ??