Anns Grove Primary School

probably not, but where do you think council bonuses and golden handshakes come from.

my gf used to go to anns rd as did her dad and uncle. she still has family living in heely, so we pass quite often and would love to see the building reused. lets hope it dosent turn into another mosk or finishes up like the old picture house where legend has it that as planning permission couldnt be gained for the developers ideas it mysteriously burned to the ground and hey presto, build what you want.

Yes I agree (not that I have any problem with the mosque).

I too have always lived in Heeley and went to Annes Grove.

I am just conscious that there has been three quarters of a million given towards this project and very little has happened. I think the people of Heeley have a right to know exactly how this money is being spent, and so far I wonder where the 250 thousand that was awarded a couple of years ago has really gone... This is money which is being channelled away from other projects in Heeley so we totally have the right to know that every single penny is being spent on what it should be being spent on.

Hi Bogwoppit

It doesnt look like much is happening with the old buildings at the minute, but you can be assured that it is. I also think a couple of the issues you raise must be based on info from inaccurate sources so I hope this gives you a clearer picture!

The £250K that you refer to was awarded by Sheffield City Council in 2009 as a contribution to the costs of redeveloping the derelict buildings. This funding is dependant on the Trust taking ownership of the site and bringing it back into life as a community hub for the Heeley area. The £250K is still in the hands of the City Council and is expected to be released and spent on the buildings once the ownership is transferred (soon hopefully!)

The work that has taken place so far ( roof repairs, broken windows fixed ) has been done to make the site weather tight and secure after the lead was stripped from the roof a couple of years ago. The costs that have been incurred doing this work have been picked up by the Council directly.

Im not sure about the £700K figure you mentioned, the fundraising target for the whole site is closer to £5million - coming from a number of sources that fund regeneration of listed buildings, enterprise growth etc. None of this funding has been received or spent yet.

With regard to your point that money is being channelled away from other projects in Heeley? The funding that has been identified for the redevelopment work is available for very specific purposes, with specific outcomes. I cant think of another local group delivering a similar project that would miss out because funding has been secured for this redevelopment.

re timescale for start - this should be clearer in the next couple of weeks.

As you know, the buildings are at the heart of this community but are now in terrible condition - the School has played an important role in the history of Heeley for the last 120 years and Im sure you will agree that this is a fantastic opportunity to bring them back into use for the whole community rather than let them decay further!

Hope this helps, I think there will be an event on site soon so it will be a chance to go along and ask any other questions you've got.

Thanks for clearing that up White Horse. My understanding was that there was now no money for the redeveloping plans for the community centre as The school buildings will be providing something similar.

This means we are left without any youth provision for potentially a very long time.

Hi I am a Governor at the school if you contact the school office they may be able to send you some or put you in contact with anyone in the local area that has got some! Hope this is helpful

hi scrabble can you help me my childen attended anns grove in the 80's early 90's and my son dean played the artful dodger in their production of oliver in about 1990 i bought a copy of the video of this but loaned it out and never got it back i know threre was a photo of him in the star but have been unable to trace it. do you know if anyone at the school has a copy. thankyou it would be lovely to see it again as my son was only 10 at the time and he is now 31 and his children would love to see it.:help: