Seasons Restaurant

Hopman

I see that in the new edition of Active 8 (Feb 2006) Seasons Restaurant gets the front cover, a full page inside and an advert. Some wonderful adjectives in the review:

welcoming, relaxed, mouthwatering, overflowing, intriguing, sensational, enjoyable, special.

I must work up an appetite!

Saw that too...looks like a nice place to eat.....:thumbsup:

Wasn't there a thread a while back by the owner wondering why people never ate there....I might have to give it a try...

What's on the menu for 'veggies' Chef? Not anything with aubergines or gorgonzola I hope!:gag:

• 11 months later...

I went with my girlfriend to Seasons for her birthday and can only describe the experience as disappointing. The atmosphere is contemporary but homely and relaxed. The menu has some classic dishes interspersed with interesting gastronomic offerings. My starter of scallops, prawns, black pudding and Chorizo was certainly not unpleasant but a touch over complex. However my girlfriend's duck starter was beautifully cooked and very tasty. We were both excited to be able to ordered Beef Wellington for our main course as it's not the sort of thing we would cook at home, our enthusiasm was crushed by a £15 pie of stewing steak, tasty, but never the less a £15 pie and not Beef Wellington. Similarly, pudding was more miss than hit, I suspect my tasty chocolate pudding was not made from first principles. The passion fruit cheesecake had no tartness or discernable flavour and was essentially seeds and Philadelphia with a couple of sticks of rock hard shortbread that could have been used to jimmy a fire door. We didn't give them a chance to screw up the coffee, paid our £70 and left.