Appeal: Knitted dolls' clothes for parent and child group.

Zebra

hecate, I found this site and it is giving free patterns for teddies, do ya need teddy clothes????

its the knitting zone

I think they're just after dolls' clothes, though I reckon teddy clothes patterns will fit dolls too, depending on the size (Zebra has posted the dolls' measurements above).

Make one more post, sheelagh, and you'll be able to post a link to the site (you need to have posted five times to be able to post a link) :) .

We've got laods of teddies but to be honest we're going to have to rehome them... it's a hygiene thing, they need washing frequently and it's quite a large burden to the group.

Thanks anyway though.

Doll's clothes are still in need though. I know PT had a fantastic pattern book of some really cute items which she brought in. Even tiny vests and pants for the naked dolls. I believe the first set are underway :)

Right, that's two very small baby-sized jackets done and another two to go (though I'm waiting on the buttons). I should have got enough yarn left for some tiny socks too.

I bet you thought I'd forgotten :) .

Awww, that sounds fantastic, I never thought of socks although I've had a peek at some of the designs all the knitters on here have posted. I'm a lycra sock person so it never occurs to me and my girls are just too big for all that stuff to fit the dolls - we gave all their teeny tiny prem clothes away to someone with an even newer prem baby.

Thanks!

Just a little reminder that we still have naked, shivering dolls to clothe. Dig deep into your stash and get those needles clicking!

My parcel's going off at the end of next week (should have got the last cardi seamed and blocked by then), so if lazy old me can do it, the rest of you can ;) .

• 2 weeks later...

Hecate you absolute star! I got your package yesterday at Jellytots and dressed all the dolls.

Those cardigans are gorgeous, so cute and the one with the matching hat is just too much.

One of my twins suddenly took a shine to that doll wearing the one with the hat and spent quite a while patting the pom pom and taking the cardi off and trying to put it back on.

The dolls look much better and it has to be said that they are much more decent too.

Thankyou so much.

If I get a chance I shall take some pictures but I might not be able to because of the laws about photos and kids etc.

THANKYOU! :thumbsup:

You're welcome :) . Glad they arrived safe and that they fit.

I have some of the pale pink and lemon yarn left, so if you want a couple of matching hats for those two cardis, let me know. I didn't make any at the time as I wasn't sure if they'd fit.

More hats would be fantastic but ever so slightly bigger for the pink one if that's possible please. The dolls head for the one wearing pink is a little bigger.

And of course they'll look sooo cute with matching hats.