Sign in to follow this  

Help Needed with Microsoft Word and address labels

Hi Peeps,

Hopefully somebody can help me with some advice.

I have about 500 contact names already saved in the correct label template in Word.

Thing is I need to change the contact name on all the labels so they ALL start "To the Company Secretary"

Is there a way of doing it all in one fowl swoop or do a need to erase, cut and paste 500 times ??

Many Thanks :help:

Go to 'edit', click on 'find', there should be a 'replace' tab. Type whatever it is you want to change in the 'find' box, then 'To the company secretary' in the 'replace' box. Then click on replace all :thumbsup:

Edit: Oops just noticed you said they all say something different. Ditch that idea then!

Depending on how the information is formatted it should be possible to convert it into a table, or import it into Excel, in such a way that the first line of the name/address is in one column.

It is then a straightforward operation to paste what you want into all cells in that column.