Fantastic book about Sheffield

I found a great book about Sheffield in the local library, so good I'll be buying my own copy.

Pevsners Architectural Guides: Sheffield - Ruth Harman and John Minnis

At only £9.99 in the shops it's a bargain and you'll find it cheaper online. It covers every imaginable building in the centre and most suburbs from ancient to modern and has many hidden gems you never knew about.

I never realised that Broom Hall (in Brommhall obviously) dates from 1498 with extensions built in 1612. There's a few odd omissions like Ecclesall and Beauchief Abbey aren't in, yet Wincobank is, but it's all part of the quirkiness of the book where the Arena gets slagged and Centertainment gets praised...

There's a variety of walks listed in each area to take in the architecture, but oddly the section n the Manor doesn't have a walk. I wonder why? Would you stand out at all wandering round that area with your architectural guide perhaps?

There’s a Pesvners for practically everywhere. It’s been published for donkey’s years! Excellent book for wherever you live.

there s a new book just out called haunted sheffield......spooky.... the author will be signing copies and giving a talk at blackwell bookshop hallam uni on 14th dec at 6pm

There's a variety of walks listed in each area to take in the architecture, but oddly the section n the Manor doesn't have a walk. I wonder why? Would you stand out at all wandering round that area with your architectural guide perhaps?

There's no need - the Norfolk Heritage Trail does it already.

http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/out--about/parks-woodlands--countryside/parks/a-z-city-and-district-parks/cholera-monument-grounds--clay-wood/norfolk-heritage-trail