Anyone remember the BLUE MOON CLUB on Johnson street near the wicker I believe it was owned by Pete Stringfellow in the 60s I saw the KINKS there in 1964

I remember it well and it brings back memories of my teenage years. You are right it was one of the clubs run by Pete and Geoff Stringfellow.

I was a regular there during the early 60's - mainly to see the great Vance Arnold and the Avengers. I still buy all is CD's to this day.

where was this BLUE MOON exactly? Which building is it now?

It's a long time ago and I left Sheffield in 1964 to live in Derbyshire but my memories of the Blue Moon are of it being in Nursery Street - but there again I may be wrong. Age can play strange games with the old memory.

The Blue Moon was at the corner of Nursery St and Johnson St,It used to be owned by a firm called Machinagraph .I delivered post there and it was still the same inside allthough what used to be the stage had office desks on it. I also remember seeing the Mighty Avengers ,The Big3, and the Four Pennies there.

Rocklobster must have been in the same night as me. I saw the Kinks there as well. then back stage after the performance I saw them performing again with the local groupies. My brother was also there with some other mates, and a girl came up to him and asked him "are you Mark Winter ?" ( a popular singer at that time ) yes he said that's me, "can I have your autograph" she said, of course says my brother proceeding to write "his" autograph then turning to his mate Alan says "how do you spell Winter?" Great days

I was in that night, it was packed, Pete had let too many in and the floor started sinking, there was a mad panic for the door at one point, and it was as hot as hell, but a great night.

Originally posted by rocklobster

The Blue Moon was at the corner of Nursery St and Johnson St........ I also remember seeing the Mighty Avengers and the Four Pennies there.

I saw these at the Blue Moon, also The Kinks and The Pretty Things(remember quequing for four hours to see these), and many others who I can't remember. I always thought that there was a much better atmosphere at the Mojo but the Blue Moon was brilliant in its day.

does anyone know what happened to geoff stringfellow you only ever hear of peter now days

does anyone know what happened to geoff stringfellow you only ever hear of peter now days

Not sure what Geoff is doing now but I did hear he had some health problems a few years ago. Geoff was a lovely guy much more introverted than Pete but a really nice guy. Would love an update on Geoff though if anyone has one.

Edited by Janet Olsen
incorrect spelling

Wasn't there a Paul as well?

don't remember him only pete & geoff