Legalities/ages restrictions for piercings.

i wanted piercings since i was 11. my mom sed i could have them done wen i am 16 and if i was serious about them then i would wait , and i did.

Ohh My Gosh Thats Just Badd I Mean Im 13 And Havee Had Mine Done 4 A While But Im 13 Not 6/7 Soo Yanoo And My Mum Had 2 Sign This Paper Thing Show I.D To Say She Is My Mum Andd Then I Was Finaly Alowd It Done Lol Also Does Any1 Know The Age You Have To Be To Have A Wrist Piercing ? Olivia

Ohh My Gosh Thats Just Badd I Mean Im 13 And Havee Had Mine Done 4 A While But Im 13 Not 6/7 Soo Yanoo And My Mum Had 2 Sign This Paper Thing Show I.D To Say She Is My Mum Andd Then I Was Finaly Alowd It Done Lol Also Does Any1 Know The Age You Have To Be To Have A Wrist Piercing ? Olivia

might i suggest against wrist or surface piercing as they are prone to grow out of the skin and more than likely scar the skin surface,,

even for an adult surface piercings are a big decision and shouldnt be taken lightly but as a teenager you really should think about why you would really want it before you are left with a nasty scar instead of a nice piercing .....

Hi guys I'm a bit late adding into this thread but if any of you are still interested I'm making an educational DVD for use in schools about these issues. The lack of an age limit and the fact that a piercer can still today legally pierce a 6 yr old's belly button with or without parental consent.

Most responsible piercers wouldn't do this but there are obviously those out there who will.

I'm working with a charity called Dan aid who are trying to raise awareness, get some legislation and encourage people to go to a responsible clean piercing studio.

If any one reads this post and is interested in being interviewed as part of the DVD post back.

thanks

I cannot get over how irresponsible that is of her parents to let their child be mutilated in such a way. Can piercers mutilate children in this way as long as the parent says it's ok?

I have no idea who the peircer was but IMHO they want closing down!

Rather similar to religion really.