The Mobile Phone Mast Debate

Originally posted by Tony

The existing phones work just fine. It's not at all hypocritical to not want that additional masts.

I don't think that any owner of a mobile phone can make a case against the siting of masts and carry the moral high ground.

As to the duplication of masts countrywide, the government should enforce the sharing of masts so that the numbers can be reduced.

Originally posted by Ned Ludd

I don't think that any owner of a mobile phone can make a case against the siting of masts and carry the moral high ground.

That's total cobblers Nedd. Try having one proposed for the grass verge in front of YOUR house.

The Fulwood one is literally in the grass verge, right next to (as in 6 inches from) the garden wall of an ordinary house, not in the middle of a field. It is about 10 yards from bedroom windows.

Can you see what this particular fuss is about? This is not a suis-general situation, it might as well be in the front gardens of the people living around it.

I understand that one is being put up in Archer Road. I'm concerned because its near my baby daughters nursery called Kids unlimited and if these do any harm it is babes that are most at risk.

Anyone know about this or have a phone numberfor protestor groups

Cheers

David

I do feel sorry for anyone who has a phone mask next to their house, but come on, the people of Fulwood wouldn't actually be happy if they didn't have something to campaign against.

Well I hardly think that's fair. What other things do they moan about?

Originally posted by davew

I understand that one is being put up in Archer Road. I'm concerned because its near my baby daughters nursery called Kids unlimited and if these do any harm it is babes that are most at risk.

Anyone know about this or have a phone numberfor protestor groups

Cheers

David

too solve this problem, simply construct a small dish shaped hat for your child made out of tin foil and put it on when it goes to the nursery.

Well supertram is one that comes to mind.

I think that you will find that was Ranmoor and Broomhill, not Fulwood. :P

However, I know many, many people that would welcome the tram in Fulwood. Travelling into town from Fulwood means that we have to do every bit of congestion going, and trams would be a boon!

You've clearly no experience of 18 month old babies - the dish would be pulled off immediately and probably put in her mouth - result Aluminium poisoning

Ah... but that's much more humane than gradual frying of the brain ;)

to be honest phone mast's dont bother me, health wise any way,

because i smoke and drink any way

oops, my bad.:D