Sign in to follow this  

Moving To Sheffield

Hi
We (myself, wife and daughter) live in Northern Ireland and are planning to move to Sheffield around June/July 2024.

We plan to rent initially and would value any advice. 
My daughter is a figure skater and she loves the coaches, the people and atmosphere  at the Sheffield ice rink (a huge improvement on Belfast)  so planning to make a permanent move to Sheffield.

Ideally we would like a nice quiet area with good transport links to the rink as my wife and daughter don't drive.

Looking online and checking tram routes etc Hillsborough seems like a nice place to live but since I don't really know the area I would appreciate any advice or suggestions.
We could probably go up to £1500 per month although would prefer closer to £1000.
Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks
George

5 hours ago, Georgetheframer said:

Hi
We (myself, wife and daughter) live in Northern Ireland and are planning to move to Sheffield around June/July 2024.

We plan to rent initially and would value any advice. 
My daughter is a figure skater and she loves the coaches, the people and atmosphere  at the Sheffield ice rink (a huge improvement on Belfast)  so planning to make a permanent move to Sheffield.

Ideally we would like a nice quiet area with good transport links to the rink as my wife and daughter don't drive.

Looking online and checking tram routes etc Hillsborough seems like a nice place to live but since I don't really know the area I would appreciate any advice or suggestions.
We could probably go up to £1500 per month although would prefer closer to £1000.
Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks
George

The one downside with Hillsborough is street parking, otherwise it’s ok.

Posted (edited)

I live in Hillsborough and would agree with the above.   Big plus is that from Hillsborough there is a direct  tram route to Ice Sheffield. 

Here are some current rental listings https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/find.html?locationIdentifier=REGION^82394&minBedrooms=2&maxPrice=1500&sortType=1&propertyTypes=semi-detached%2Cterraced&mustHave=&dontShow=&furnishTypes=&keywords=

Edited by Ms Macbeth

Thank you very much for your replies.  The on street parking is a concern so I might look a bit further out towards Oughtibridge or possibly somewhere on ice rink side of Sheffield.

Oughtibridge is a far better and nicer place to live and you would be able to rent  far better property out there.

The tram terminus is about 2 miles back towards Hillsborough and includes park and ride.

Middlewood where the tram terminus is is a lovely place to live and would be able to rent easily for the budget you have.

I think it is called Wadsley Park and it really is a nice place to live. 

2 hours ago, Cody's Granddad said:

Oughtibridge is a far better and nicer place to live and you would be able to rent  far better property out there.

The tram terminus is about 2 miles back towards Hillsborough and includes park and ride.

Middlewood where the tram terminus is is a lovely place to live and would be able to rent easily for the budget you have.

I think it is called Wadsley Park and it really is a nice place to live. 

Thank you.  Sounds like between Wadsley Park and Oughtibridge would be ideal location for us.