Do White Families Represent 'Real Londoners'?

On 21/08/2023 at 00:25, leviathan13 said:

Genuine question...

If the England team and BBC football presenters and pundits were all white because they all happened to be the best people for the job, would that be acceptable?

Of course it would be acceptable. Skin colour shouldn't come in to it. There some people on the forum who appear obsessed with the colour of other people's skin. I rather get the impression that some people get up in the morning and eagerly look to see if there is anything in the news anti-white people that they can post about. Why does skin colour matter? We are all born with a brain, heart etc.

Edited by A.B.Yaffle
  • Like 1

On 21/08/2023 at 18:34, ab6262 said:

The vast majority is now not white so KHAN has got his wish.

The Conservative Government let in a record 600,000 not Khan.

The Mayor does have various powers, but it doesn't extend to immigration.

Guest ThaBoom
On 21/08/2023 at 09:11, Jack Grey said:

Close the borders?

Immigration restrictions?

Quoters?

Stop giving criminals who enter country illegally a pot of gold?

There's plenty of criminals from these shores, let alone new ones entering. 

Majority of immigrants I've come to know are settling in with jobs- especially their own businesses. 

According to Better Future Project Partners- Migrant entrepreneurs are creating one in every seven new businesses in the UK.

Edited by ThaBoom

1 hour ago, ThaBoom said:

There's plenty of criminals from these shores, let alone new ones entering. 

Majority of immigrants I've come to know are settling in with jobs- especially their own businesses. 

According to Better Future Project Partners- Migrant entrepreneurs are creating one in every seven new businesses in the UK.

I do worry about the effect on nationals. For example, if there are 4 laundrette businesses in one street...profits dwindle for each business. 

Guest ThaBoom
1 hour ago, Irene Swaine said:

I do worry about the effect on nationals. For example, if there are 4 laundrette businesses in one street...profits dwindle for each business. 

Agreed, some businesses may not be ideal if two are already operating on the same street.

I was really referring to food outlets- many refugees bring their own food knowledge to where they settle, and open a business. 

There's a fantastic Afghan bakery in Huddersfield- does the best naans I've ever had.

They have ppl from all backgrounds queuing to buy.

4 minutes ago, ThaBoom said:

Agreed, some businesses may not be ideal if two are already operating on the same street.

I was really referring to food outlets- many refugees bring their own food knowledge to where they settle, and open a business. 

There's a fantastic Afghan bakery in Huddersfield- does the best naans I've ever had.

They have ppl from all backgrounds queuing to buy.

The food industry can be a competetive game, on Sharrowale Road and surrounding streets, there is so much competition, if I was opening a cafe, I'd avoid that street and find somewhere else. 

English people do own foreign food businesses, the owner of Streetfood Chef (Mexican) is English. Icaarus & Apollo (African) is owned by English people and The Porter Pizza (Italian) is owned by an English lady.