New Strimmer Head

I need to clear a very over grown path, that goes through a field.

I have a petrol strimmer, but the head has never fed out the line.

I have looked on ebay, and all the new heads seem to be these

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/385582171524?hash=item59c67d0584:g:qjAAAOSwZqdkTjw9&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA4FY9Eapsrkf5HAvswkcwGvhDaXnh2Vt1pF5ZoMi6U5xJS8h7m5NHppeDldseIU9eoyoZb3p6cJ9hmFz4py8K27P4G%2BCxO39QlhxHDksyoWevH3Ux%2FKlYy%2FOvGloYzdaUcvie5Eou48v4qlD%2B8aSlXcyWZueOcRbsd1Taepl%2F%2F4aIeB50vfPnktF4vbk8rb9%2Fy295INDF8bxXY85cnxDmobuzBTW9pu7ZlNECmFx4KxBNeIKkdSXRNOVYmhtyB0uhaFaSYHPrP7U%2F7Jnc0iefkcJOzFLDNCUiG4VZzcfMnUNt%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR6Cqy9m8Yg

I assume any head will fit a strimmer? Has anyone used this type of head?

I would like a battery operated strimmer, but the heavy duty ones are expensive.

1 hour ago, El Cid said:

I need to clear a very over grown path, that goes through a field.

I have a petrol strimmer, but the head has never fed out the line.

I have looked on ebay, and all the new heads seem to be these

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/385582171524?hash=item59c67d0584:g:qjAAAOSwZqdkTjw9&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA4FY9Eapsrkf5HAvswkcwGvhDaXnh2Vt1pF5ZoMi6U5xJS8h7m5NHppeDldseIU9eoyoZb3p6cJ9hmFz4py8K27P4G%2BCxO39QlhxHDksyoWevH3Ux%2FKlYy%2FOvGloYzdaUcvie5Eou48v4qlD%2B8aSlXcyWZueOcRbsd1Taepl%2F%2F4aIeB50vfPnktF4vbk8rb9%2Fy295INDF8bxXY85cnxDmobuzBTW9pu7ZlNECmFx4KxBNeIKkdSXRNOVYmhtyB0uhaFaSYHPrP7U%2F7Jnc0iefkcJOzFLDNCUiG4VZzcfMnUNt|tkp%3ABk9SR6Cqy9m8Yg

I assume any head will fit a strimmer? Has anyone used this type of head?

I would like a battery operated strimmer, but the heavy duty ones are expensive.

Cannot see the link  but would think you would be better with a head with blades on it . 

On 11/08/2023 at 20:08, hackey lad said:

Cannot see the link  but would think you would be better with a head with blades on it . 

Yes, I have concidered that. Never used a bladed head before, thinking about one with steel wire.

12 hours ago, El Cid said:

Yes, I have concidered that. Never used a bladed head before, thinking about one with steel wire.

They are good , depending on the thickness of the wire . I made one myself . 

I have used my petrol hedge trimmer today, to clear brambles etc from a local footpath. That and using loppers on the trees.

I have never done this sort of thing. Perhaps a hegde trimmer is better than a strimmer?

There was certainly a lot to cut through, a hedge trimmer is quite heavy though, it hurts my wrist if I do it too much.

Still good to buy a new strimmer, I have been looking at a 40v Hyundai 

I saw a strimmer that had various cutters, one of them was a circular saw blade attachment, I need something for under my conifers to cut all the Ash saplings down. The one posted in the link above is I think called a brush cutter, I saw a video of one and it made short work of clearing weeds on some block paving.

Edited by iansheff