Blue Badges: Current Scc Approach?

Current responses with SCC and Blue Badges(any easier?)
I still haven't sent in PIP renewal(so cant prove status) but i really do need the blue badge now, with all the road changes in the city and elsewhere i need my carers to be able to park where i need. i have read elsewhere with other L.A's that if you ring and explain they may be sympathetic and accept that you are waiting on renewal/have needs. Tbh, i have a full care plan assessed by adult social care and should not need to do anything.

Nope.

Their demand for ORIGINAL ID documents is a pain for a start, I don't drive and probably never will, but my Parents do and I spend a LOT of time with them, and therefore applied last year for a blue badge, they wouldn't give me one because I sent COPIES of the required documents seeing as I don't trust Royal Mail to not lose the originals of important documents!

Hard to belive a Labour council can act like this, and in such obviously genuine cases.

• Like 1

I expected problems but reapplied for a renewal which they don't count as renewal - each form they view as a fresh application.  Told to apply 3 mths prior to old one running out and did so by post after ringing up for form. Photocopied relevant documents and no problem at all. Got an email to arrange payment of £10 application fee as they no longer process cheques or postal orders and all in all got the badge very quickly. Much easier than before I found.

Well, been waiting since January 3rd, not heard anything