Any advice about where to live?

HI everybody, hope you're all okay.

I'm going to be moving out of my home in the not too distant future so I'm going to need to find a place to live. The problem is I'm not sure where would be good to look. A friend suggested I try the forum again, so here I am.

Ideally it needs to be convenient for work and public transport (I work at Meersbrook), in a 'liberal' area (I'm waiting to find out if I'm going to be undertaking gender reassignment but live as a woman most of the time), and pet-friendly (I keep reptiles). An internet connection would be handy but I don't mind paying for my own. Same goes for phone line. I'm not bothered about television, and don't mind sharing a place (though feel more comfortable sharing with women rather than men).

I'm looking to be moved no later than mid-January, but can afford to take a little time looking. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Naomi

xx

Just to clairify, what are you looking for advice on?

Are you wanting to buy/rent a room or a whole house/flat?

Or, are you asking about areas?

Either way, good look in your hunting :)

Just to clairify, what are you looking for advice on?

Are you wanting to buy/rent a room or a whole house/flat?

Or, are you asking about areas?

Either way, good look in your hunting :)

Hi Helly

Ultimately I'm looking to rent somewhere, don't mind sharing, and I'm not sure which areas fall within my budget and requirements, so was hoping to get advice on that.

Any suggestions? :confused:

Thanks for the good wishes.

Naomi

xx

in a 'liberal' area (I'm waiting to find out if I'm going to be undertaking gender reassignment but live as a woman most of the time)

Bangkok? :hihi:

Bangkok? :hihi:

Only at the weekends... :D

If you dont find anything that you can see yourself being happy in as soon as you walk through the door, just keep on looking.

In my opinion, people have a 'sense' about these sort of things.

Why not move to Meersbrook if that's where your job is? There's lots of private rented accommodation and the place if just brim full of liberal hippie types (social workers/teachers/etc). The best place to start looking would be in the property guide in the Sheffield Telegraph.

Why not move to Meersbrook if that's where your job is? There's lots of private rented accommodation and the place if just brim full of liberal hippie types (social workers/teachers/etc). The best place to start looking would be in the property guide in the Sheffield Telegraph.

Thanks Sandeh - picked up property guide this morning, and already started looking around Meersbrook, Woodseats, Heeley, etc. Not much joy yet but hopefully that'll change soon.

Thanks also to everyone else who's replied - your advice has been helpful.

Take care

Naomi

xx

Edited by furry_chick