4 Seasons Bakery - Hillsborough

I recently visited my family in the Hillsborough area and must say that I was quite impressed by the 4 Seasons Bakery in Hillsborough. This place has been a bakery for years, but I think it's recently changed hands. They do a nice selection of cakes and home made individual pies. I bought some parkin in there, which at £1.25 for a big slab, was quite a bargain. My mum's favourite parkin is from Funks, directly across the road - but the 4 Seasons parkin tasted exactly the same - and was half the price. My mum also liked their lemon drizzle cake  & their treacle and coconut tart. We haven't tried their pies yet, though they look interesting - especially their little rabbit pies  - as you don't often see rabbit pies on sale in local bakeries these days .

I also noticed that there was a big queue for their hot roast pork sandwiches. I didn't buy one this time, because I'd already treated myself to one of  my long-time favourite Funks pork sarnies earlier in the week. It would take  a lot to beat a Funks pork sarnie for me - but I noticed that the 4 Seasons versions were quite bit bigger and  cheaper than Funks - and also came with a generous portion of roast potatoes on the side. The roast pork looked really nice and the breadcake they served it on was the size of a dustbin lid!

So far, all I've tried is the 4 Seasons cakes  - but they were impressive enough to make me want to try more of their stuff on my next visit.

I had a breakfast sandwich from there yesterday.

As someone who works all over Sheffield ill say its in the top 10 %.

Well done guys/girls.

Good quality will bring customers in.

Walking up Middlewood Rd towards the direction of the park is this bakery on the left or right side of the road ? 

On 29/09/2022 at 15:14, pattricia said:

Walking up Middlewood Rd towards the direction of the park is this bakery on the left or right side of the road ? 

I’m sure it’s just below  B&M, so that would be on the right side if you are walking towards the park.

Next time I’m in Sheffield I will have to give it a try.

Edited by hauxwell

1 minute ago, hauxwell said:

I’m sure it’s just below  B&M, so that would be on the right side if you are walking towards the park.

Next time I’m in Sheffield I will have to give it a try.

I had to go to B & M Bargains this morning and found the bakery in question. Didn’t buy anything but their pastry and buns look delicious !

I was in Sheffield yet again last week , visiting my poorly old mum, so I popped into the 4 Seasons Bakery  a couple of times to pick up a few bits for her. I continue to praise their cakes and pastries & their sandwiches, but can't say I was impressed by their oatcakes. Neither my mum nor I liked them. They didn't taste like proper oatcakes at all and were horribly salty - in fact, they had no flavour at all, apart from salt! Funk's  oatcakes are much nicer - although much smaller and more expensive. I won't be buying  4 Seasons oatcakes  again, but will still buy some of their other stuff.

Also noticed that the 4 Seasons seems to close in the afternoons, so if you want to try them, go there  early.