Eunice.

How many fished yesterday the 18th in the winds. 😈

I managed to get a few hours in yesterday in the rain and bits of sleet. I played safe and just fished with a bomb rod and maggot. The weather seems to be worse today so rather than having to dry everything out again i've decided against it. I'm going to change the line on a couple of spools and tie some hooks instead.

A good choice Charlie too wet in the cold is not good. The 18 was diabolical, it was too much for me I stayed in the warm. Did you catch or was it a waste of time.

I did o.k actually, a mixed bag of mainly ide and roach with a couple of skimmers. I spent an hour fishing a couple of discs of bread on a hair rig but the vast majority of bites came on double maggot.

My missus asked me to nip to the shop earlier so I took a diversion past my local fishery and surprise, nobody's daft enough to be fishing today.

Edited by charliewag
Add comment

It is still blowing today but rather mild. Still a little too much for me at my age and my  health. I could do with the wind being a little less blowy.

Are the fish accepting a bit of feed or are you fishing with no feed.

I've been fishing with a little 10g blockend feeder which I half fill, leaving it out for about five minutes if I haven't had a bite. The peg i've been fishing has a small island about twenty yards out what I cast to.

In calmer weather I would fish a tiny bomb and loose feed by catapult as the fish sometimes take on the drop.

My fishing of late has been either corn or maggot with no feed, the fish have been a little slow to start.

Mornings have been a waste of time all fish have been from mid day. No islands, fishing in open water casting around until fish are located with liners. ounce the fish have been found a few bites come.