Looking For My Relatives.

I'm looking for any relatives in South Yorkshire. I'm on 23&me and just joined ancestry. Are there any groups for people in the Sheffield area to help trace family in the area? Thanks in advance. 

Please don’t give out anyone’s private or personal information without their prior knowledge and consent.

If you know the family in question please make them aware of this thread.

Thank you.

Hi Elaine. All of the above really. 

My dad was an only child but his mum (my nan) was one of 8 or 9 I believe.

I remember some of their Christian names but don't recollect any surnames.

10 hours ago, Adeleb said:

Hi Elaine. All of the above really. 

My dad was an only child but his mum (my nan) was one of 8 or 9 I believe.

I remember some of their Christian names but don't recollect any surnames.

You could see if there are any local-based Facebook groups, join them and post a request.
Genealogy / family history searches might also turn something up.  Try FreeBMD, put in your dad's name (or your nan's) and the area / approximate dates and see what comes up.  You can look for births or marriages or deaths etc.  You can even search for births of children to parents and it is free.

1 hour ago, TWhits said:

You could see if there are any local-based Facebook groups, join them and post a request.
Genealogy / family history searches might also turn something up.  Try FreeBMD, put in your dad's name (or your nan's) and the area / approximate dates and see what comes up.  You can look for births or marriages or deaths etc.  You can even search for births of children to parents and it is free.

Thankyou, I will try that. 

Sheffield Indexers site allows you tp post messages and other members may be able to help you.